Friday, June 30, 2006

Who wants the drumstick!!!!

I got my turkey wall hanging top done! Now to get it quilted! At least I should have it done by Thanksgiving! Why I decided I wanted to make this now I have no idea - but it just said - make me now! I know Laura is going to want this one! (Oh by the way - like the masking tape?)

Not long now, just a bit more than 24 hours and Chloe comes home with us. Poor Emily is just dying trying to wait! She has bought everything we need, cleaned the house and has everything ready. Wish she would do that for real people! I'll make sure I share some pictures from this weekend!

11 comments from wonderful readers:

Katie said...

Can't wait for doggy pics. So exhiting. love your turkey!

Patti said...

Laura isn't the only one that wants your turkey wallhanging. I love it Dawn! Exactly my colors and fabric! And it'll be done in plenty of time for Thanksgiving. Well done girl!

Finn said...

Oh the turkeys!! Or is it turkies..but that doesn't look right either..LOL. Either way, they are just great birds on your new wallhanging..what fun!!!

Love the pink and white quilt too! Very sweet!

Melanie said...

Happy Homecoming for Chloe!!!! Great opportunity for scrapbooking - take lots of pictures.
Enjoy your weekend
Melanie

Unknown said...

Love those turkeys on those plaids - absolutely perfect for Thanksgiving

KC Quilter said...

Ohmigosh, I LOVE your turkey wallhanging. The plaids just make it! Your work is always so inspiring. Now I want to make one!!!

Darcie said...

My goodness, Dawn! You're so ahead of the game...love those turkeys! The plaids are terrific!

Can't wait to see Chloe!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Looks great Dawn. Woohoo about Chloe!

Lily Mulholland said...

So they were TURKEYS!!! I thought they were little fat partridges (as in pear trees).

Hope you get it quilted in time for Thanksgiving!

DId you change your banner or am I just seeing it for the first time? It's very cute! And a lovely touch for the 4th of July.

Pls post a picture of Chloe with Emily when she arrives!

ForestJane said...

Cute turkeys!

The tails remind me of the ones I made with my first graders, you know, where you trace around your hand on paper, then add construction paper... :)

Laura said...

I definately want "this one"!!!! Love it! Aren't turkeys the best!