Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts!

A few more quilts from the Chicago Quilt Festival. First off - my favorite of the bunch - was this rooster quilt! It was sooo awesome. It was the grand champion if the "Celebrate Spring" exhibit. It was so amazing. (Oh and forgive my blury pics. I haven't figured out what makes some so clear and some so blurry! Well besides me being a bad photographer!)



And my dream is to someday be able to make a triple feathered star! I just love the lime green in this one!



And look at this broken star! It was AMAZING!


And can you imagine making this as a baby quilt! I can't even image doing it for a wall-hanging!



And last but not least - 9 patches for everyone!




12 comments from wonderful readers:

antique quilter said...

that nine patch quilt is just tooooooo die for.
OH HOW I LOVE IT!
bet you knew that.
Kathie

Carin said...

Those quilts are AMAZING!!!!

Amanda said...

Wow, some people are really talented. I don't think I will ever make anything good enough to enter into a show.

Chocolate Cat said...

Those quilts are amazing. I especially love the rooster! Thanks for sharing them!

Jacquie Harvey said...

Hi everyone. I am Jacquie Harvey from the UK who made I Wonder as I Wander. I thought you might like to know that someone in the UK has contacted me with this blog and I was so amazed to see my quilt. I had forgotten that the show was on. If you would like to see more of what we get up to in the UK please see www.jacquieharvey.co.uk

Best wishes to all quilters in the US and thanks to all those who have always made me feel at home

Potiron said...

Those are really beautiful Dawn!! I envy your going to see the Chicago Quilt festival every year!!! Wished I could live near a town/city that holds these kinds of shows....!!!!

Show us more!!!!

PS on a more personal note, I hope you're doing well.....

Wendy said...

Thanks for giving us a peek of the show. I can't get my eyes off that nine patch...it's taken my breath away.

julieQ said...

Wow, thank you for the quilt show, each one is breathtaking in it's own way...

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh, that rooster quilt...I wanna own it, I wanna make it...i wanna thank you for sharing it!!!
off to dream instead of clean! Tracey

Libby said...

Love the broken star - but don't think I would attempt it . . . now that 9 patch is a whole other story. I love them both.
As for the crib quilt, do you suppose it was made for the same baby that received the whole quilt bib? *s*

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt photos! The nine patch is so pretty, I agree. I knew I had seen the broken star before...at the Tokyo show in 2006: http://www.flickr.com/photos/movinghands/91325079/in/set-72057594054145296/

Jennifer
http://movinghands.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Wow so many beautiful quilts.