Friday, May 01, 2009

Back of the Scratch Quilt

Here is a fuzzy pic of my scratch quilt. Isn't it fun!

And a 4" finished size block. I"m doing a round robin for the next 18 months and this is my starter block. My theme - Simply Solids! I can't wait to see what it will turn into! I"m dying to see what the first block is that I'm sent! I will get it about May 15th.

7 comments from wonderful readers:

Karen said...

I did not have good luck on a round robin I participated in a long time ago. I ever got my piece returned. I am sure you will have much better luck. Unique that you are working with solids on yours. Do you think that the participants will continue that way?

Janet said...

Th backing fabric on the quilt is amazing. Good luck with the round robin. I did a row by row once, I think I went in with the wrong people. Good luck with yours, I have seen some wonderful ones.

Julia said...

I've been very disappionted with the RR's that I have been on so I just don't do them any more...at one time my quilt just did not come back to me at all !..
Julia ♥

Libby said...

I can just see how wonderful your RR will be when it comes back to you. All solids is going to have a very 'Amish' look *yummy*

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful backing fabric for that quilt!
I always have a hard time with just solids but do realize that the quilting really shines. Good luck with your blocks!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love that backing fab.

tich said...

Thanks for all the nice comments you have left on my blog. I am only now catching up with all my favourite blogs, and as for emails ...!!! Love the back of your scratch quilt, and the lilacs/purples are beautiful in your block. The future quilt will look amazing!
tich