Saturday, July 31, 2010

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

OK, I need some opinions - although sometimes that might make me more confused - but ok, here goes. Above is my shnibble project - XRated. Don't you love it! Below are 3 border choices. I think I"ve decided what I am going to do, but I'd like to hear what you think.
Piano Keys with Red Corners?
Piano Keys with Shirting Corners?
Just a simple shirting border?



And below is my next project to cut out, but I"m taking it to camp next month!



30 comments from wonderful readers:

Darlene said...

I like the piano keys with red corners. It's really cute, Dawn.

Butterfly said...

I like the third one as it looks like the X are floating.

Leoan

Anonymous said...

I think the red corners is the best one.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barb said...

I can't decide....sorry.

Anonymous said...

For me the first one with red corners. Verx nice quilt !

Stina Blomgren said...

Dont you just hate all the DECISIONS!!!!

But since I am a lover of calming everything down.. I just love the last one and the second one... .. :o))
Good luck deciding..:o) BTW.. it is beautiful.. looks wonderful.. old and antique..:o)

antique quilter said...

i like just the shirting border, lets the blocks stand out the piano key borders just take over in mho.
love this quilt , would love to make i t too
Kathie

Carol said...

I really like the piano keys with the shirting corners...wonderful quilt!

Fran said...

Oh dear, I'll throw a monkey wrench into the works. How about the red in the first option as an inner border, and then use your second option - piano keys with the shirting corners.

ann hermes said...

I like the third one, with a colorful binding.

Jill Chapman said...

I like the piano keys with shirting corners. I think the red distracts from the main blocks.

SarDee said...

I think I would also add another option; like Fran said I think a red inner border and then the piano keys would be lovely! For the piano border a mitered corner would be cute. Bonnie Hunter, sometimelast week did a piano with a miter on her blog and I LOVED the way it showed off the corners. However, of the three you are auditioning I like the red in the corners a lot because it draws out the colors in the 'X's better.

Angela said...

Personally, I like the red corners best. But I think whatever you choose will be perfect!
Love the fabrics for your next project!

Ruth said...

Oops! I accidently added my comment to the wrong post - it is under "Is this cool or what!"

Lori said...

I like quilt #1 although I'm sure whatever you choose will look fantastic!!

Yvette said...

I like the piano keys with shirtings. Any you choose will be great!

Karen said...

hard choice between 1 and 2. Not a fan of the floating X's (sorry!).
I love the red corners, but think I'm leaning towards the second option with the shirting corners. LOVE the project no matter!

As for your camp project--when did you steal in and shop MY stash LOL!!
Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Karen

Gypsy Quilter said...

I like the red corners, but I would also frame the center portion with a medium dark. I love all the colors you chose for this project!

Lisa said...

piano keys with red corners!!

Debbie Cook said...

Very nice! I vote #1, the red corners. I love the way the red makes the X's pop.

Loris said...

I like the piano keys with the red corners...seems to balance the x blocks. Nice work!

Vicki W said...

I love the first one with the red corners!

Suzanne said...

I think I would do a inner red border with the shirting border. Love the little quilts..

Barb said...

I really like the piano keys with red corners - what a nice scrap quilt!

Sylvia said...

I think red or blue corners would be fabulous.

Taryn said...

I think you should add choice "D" -- shirting border with red corners. I like the simple border but it needed a little something extra. Something red.

Betty said...

Dawn I love the piano keys with the red corner stones absolutely great!
those spam sandals are so funny

fiberobsession said...

I vote for the piano keys with the shirting corners.

Mary said...

Definitely the first one with the red corners. Very cute. I have the pattern and some fabric - hopefully someday I'll get to it.