Friday, May 24, 2013

Oklahoma Disaster


My oldest daughter called me today. She lives in Oklahoma and her home was missed by the tornado on Monday by just a few miles. I've always thought she had a wonderful talent for putting things into words, and the sadness of the recent tornado is no exception.  I usually keep this blog for quilting related eye candy - but how can I not share her emotional story about Monday, especially when her husband says to her - "tell your mom to share your post.  All those middle age women will want to help."   How could I not love him for considering me and my friends middle age; when I am probably far from middle age!  OK, maybe not far from, but old enough.  To visit her post click here.



So grab a few tissues and visit her post about the ending to our wonderful weekend in Des Moines to celebrate our middle daughters graduation - congrats Dr Jenna (doctor of pharmacy)!


3 comments from wonderful readers:

tich said...

What a wonderful article your daughter wrote. It made me realise just how lucky we are not to experience what some people take as every day experiences.

Lori said...

I tried to post from my phone but apparently I didn't do it right.
So glad your family is safe. It must have been so frightening!!

Raewyn said...

Thank you for the link to your daughter's post; hearing her first hand experience helped me to understand what people were going through.. what a frightening and devastating time.