Saturday, August 04, 2007

A wonderful few days in Wisconsin!

Just returned from a few days in Wisconsin at the Kalahari Resort. I had such a great time! This was an awesome hotel and the waterparks it had were wonderful! They kids loved all the water slides and wore me out climbing up all the stairs to go down! And they talked me on a few that scared me to death - they got a good laugh at me!

They also wanted to minature golf and go-kart, so I let them to that also. But my favorite was just sitting by the pool and reading a book while having a foo foo drink!


I really hate to think about going back to work on Monday, and I sure hope I"m recovered by then! I am exhausted! I forgot how energetic a 13 yr old boy is! I"ve got my nephew shipped home to Delaware and I"m trying to catch up on my sleep and hopefully some quilting yet this weekend!

6 comments from wonderful readers:

meggie said...

It sure looked like a lot of fun!

Quiltgranny said...

What fun! My kids, now 36 and 37, remember when we went to one of the first water parks in MO. They loved it! I still remember how tired I was, though. Looks like a great place!

Libby said...

Oh I miss the Water Park days - those slides were such fun . . . I don't think they were as scary as some they make now, though *s*

Judy said...

We have something similar close by but I haven't been yet! Looks fun!

McIrish Annie said...

Looks like a great place especially in the winter!! who wouldn't love to sit near the pool with snow all around?

glad you had a good time!

Laura said...

We passed an area full of water parks while driving through Wisconsin. I suspect we were close to the Dells. Looks like they had a blast. Glad you were able to get some "you" time in!