Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Spool Quilt

I got my spool quilt done done done! All washed and crinkly! I did a swap with some online friends last year for these blocks and look at the wonderful treasure I now have! I"ve slept with it every night since it was done!

and look at the fun backing I put on it!

Progress is still being made in the sewing room. But what I"ve completed now isn't as obvious so no pictures. I had some patterns, papers and notes on 2 tables from cleaning off the big table that I have been going through and either putting away or trashing. The good news is those piles are now done too! So all I have now are the things I threw in my daughters room to get out of the way while I oraganized! But my sewing table is now clear of the paper from the mess so I can get sewing again!!!!!

21 comments from wonderful readers:

Lisa said...

i love your spool quilt, it is absolutely adorable!!! it looks like such a fun pattern!

tich said...

Your spool quilt is lovely! Glad your room is almost there. When did you say you were coming to do mine?
tich

~Joan said...

Can you tell me the size of the blocks for the pattern? I have been wanting to make one of these for years. I love the proportions of your block pieces.

Check out my blog...www.shelbystitcher.blogspot.com

~Joan

antique quilter said...

beautiful!
love this quilt, nice that you were able to make it with your friends!
Kathie
ps perfect backing fabric!

Karen said...

I'd say that was a good trade. I like the spool block pattern.

SubeeSews said...

Lovely! And please post the block size. The proportion is perfect!
And your room is looking great! And I am impressed with all those ribbons!
We are waiting for heavy snow tonight! Whoopiie! More sewing time.

Janet said...

It's wonderful. I love it and the spools are a great size. Neat label for the back too.

Julia said...

Beautiful!...love this quilt,
makes a great friendship scrap quilt!
Julia ♥

Janet said...

What a great quilt! The colors are perfect and I do like your backing fabric.

Lissa Jane said...

I just love this quilt (whats not to love).. and I think your signature sare fabbo on the back too! I just finished 9 patch swap quilt (well the top) isn't it great to swap blocks and get some that you would never in a million years make but they always seem to work (specially if they are lovely yummy repro's)..

take care

Lissa
in hot australia

Anne Ida said...

Your spool quilt is wonderful! Love the scrappyness, and how great to have swap blocks in there :o) That back is perfect!
Congratulations on your finish!

Carol said...

LOVE it!

Barb said...

I love your spool quilt. the colors are so well balanced and the back is just great!
Congrats on finishing!
barb

Libby said...

What a great quilt - fun memories of your swap *s*

Melanie said...

The label is my favorite part.....

Lori said...

What a happy quilt and blocks swapped with friends always makes it more special! Very beautiful!!

Stina Blomgren said...

WOW... it turned out just wonderfull..what a wonderful quilt and memory!!! :o)

Nann said...

The BlockSwappers are going to have a spool swap this year. Your quilt is an inspiration!

(And I got to see it in person at the guild meeting last night.)

Elaine Adair said...

It's delicious! 8-)))

Paula said...

Oh no!!! More inspiration! Now, I'm going to have to put a quilt like this in my queue! LOL Great quilt.

Michelle said...

Oh, I love those bright scrappy spools! Maybe I should start my own spool quilt over with more variety.