Sunday, May 23, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

I"ve been busy with work and then took a trip out east to visit my mom and sister. Got back and then my pc crashed. I've finally got it back working and have a few minutes to breathe! I figured my first order of business was to get some birthday blocks done for the birthday block swap my group of friends and I are doing. Above is Roseanna's Hummingbird. We lost Roseanna this fall so se decided to make blocks that make us think of her and make the quilt for her brothers. I need to add some morning glories yet to make the block 9" square, but I had to share the hummingbird - isn't it great!

And this is a flower for Viki. I hope she likes Birds of Paradise! Actually I hope she can figure out what it is! Paper piecing isn't my strongest suit!

I"ve also been working on Emily's graduation quilt. I"ll have to get pictures of that later.

18 comments from wonderful readers:

Annette said...

I think your paper piecing is amazing. The hummingbird is absolutely beautiful.

Barb said...

Wow...those blocks are sooooo amazing.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW those are some amazing blocks. They are works of art actually. Very pretty Dawn.

Jill Chapman said...

Your blocks are gorgeous. I love the bird of paradise, the colours are so vibrant!

Karen said...

The hummingbird is very striking.

*karendianne. said...

Whoa! Amazing. And I can absolutely tell that's a Bird of Paradise - right away. What talent you have with this. Gosh!!!

Lori said...

The hummingbird is amazing! And the flower is really terrific. No guessing what it is! Nice work PP!!

Anonymous said...

I was just sitting here watching several hummingbirds squabble over who will use the feeder while waiting for your blog to load. Your hummer is fantastic!!

Loris said...

Your blocks are beautiful! As much fun as it is to see paper piecing come together, I also have trouble with it. If I did it all the time it would prolly get easier.
I love those sharp points :-)

Barb said...

your bird and flower are beautiful!
lovely sharp points!

Nann said...

Welcome home!
Your paper pieced blocks are lovely.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The hummingbird and the bird of paradise are both beautiful!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
julieQ said...

Wow! Your blocks are so pretty, just amazingly well done.

Diane said...

Man oh man, neither of those blocks is easy to piece. You did an awesome job!

fiberobsession said...

Wow! I absolutely love the flower! I can't wait to see it in person! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Viki

Alejandra Alcantara said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog and will visit often. Your paper piecing work is amazing! Could you tell me where did you buy the hummingbird pattern or what company makes it so I can find a retailer? Cannot thank you enough!
Hugs from Mexico.

The LadyBugs Garden said...

I love paper piecing. Where did you find both of these patterns? I would love to make them. Yours are beautiful...
Stephanie