Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Jelly Roll 1600 - Fun Time


At camp we also had a "Jelly Roll 1600 Race Fun Time".  We decided not to race - just make one and see all the fun different variations that came out!  15 of us did one!  And can you believe it - I forgot to take a picture of mine before I sent it home with the quilter. 

I used a "Jingle" by Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman Fabrics jelly roll and had some 1 yd cuts of a cute xmas fabric I bought at Hancock's of Paducah when I was there this spring. 

I can't wait to see it again!  Just believe me, mine was pretty darn cute!  But hopefully in January I"ll have a new quilt finally!  After a long, long, dry spell!

Enjoy all the variations I got pictures of.

5 comments from wonderful readers:

Dawn said...

Fun! One of my sewing groups was working on a bunch of jelly roll quilts. They were addicted ;-)
These look like great fun.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, talk about high speed sewing. Thanks for sharing.

fiberobsession said...

You'd better tell your quilter to get her butt in gear so you can snuggle under it.

Raewyn said...

Sounds like a fun idea!! Neat to see the variations!

evelyn said...

What a fun time you had at camp! Love the jelly roll quilts. Yours will be home soon I'm sure. I have a Kaufman jelly roll that I am going to make into a Christms quilt for my son.