Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sling Bags

One of my daughters wanted a sling bag. I offered to make her one but that wasn't cool. So we shopped and shopped and she couldn't find anything she liked or was close to what she wanted. So I offered again. She didn't say yes, but she didn't say no.


So when we got home I showed her this pattern I had. Needless to say that was exactly what she wanted! So then she bugged me to go to the store to buy fabric. THAT wasn't hard to do!


The result? 2 bags for her and 1 for me! Tonight she told me that all her friends want one now too!

16 comments from wonderful readers:

MARCIE said...

Isn't that just the way it goes! Kids have to see it to believe it.The bags are darling. How could she doubt you? LOL!

Melanie said...

The khaki one is my favorite. I as just thinking I need to try a new tote.

Holly @ Hello Audrey Ruth said...

I'm torn between whether i like the black one or yours the most haha

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...sounds like you'll be busy..how many friends? LOL

Barb said...

Your bags are sooooo fun! Looks great!

Libby said...

*lol* It's only a cool idea if they come up with it!

Lori said...

Its an adorable bag!! it is no wonder they all want one!!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

That is so cute! Funny, my kids went through a stage where anything homemade was "NOT COOL", but now they treasure any little thing I make them. Good job!!! You might have opened up a can of worms!
Julie

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful bags. I need to try some too, can never find what i like at the store and the prices are ridiculous.

Debbie

Brooke said...

Guess Mom is cool after all, huh? That looks like a really cute pattern. Was it hard? (Couldn't be too bad if you whipped out three of them!) My daughter has asked for an Amy Butler Birdie Sling to take with her to college in the fall, but I'm scared of the pattern!

I like all three of your bags, but that cream one is really great! That would go with everything!

Barb said...

cute bags, love the tan one

Angie said...

These bags are great!! :)

antique quilter said...

Ya Dawn!!!! see now your the cool mom who sews!
yeah!!!
they are adorable and I am not showing my DD's otherwise I will be making them too!
Kathie

Jan said...

Cool MOM!

Linda said...

Bags are great! They look so comfortable too!!

Karmen said...

Thanks for the tutorial link. I am so going to make me a little fabric basket as a thread catcher. Karmen