Sunday, August 13, 2006

Finishings.....

I"m starting to finally finish some projects I"ve been furiously working away on! Above is one. It is a baby quilt for a friend at work who just had her first baby. I"ve shown the top before, but because the colors are so soft it is so hard to get a good picture. This is a bit better, but still not the best. I"ve got it quilted and bound! Ready to wrap and give to the new little sweetie!

I like how I quilted it, just simple straight lines, but I made rectangles instead of squares. I think it looks good with all the little blocks!

Then I had to share a picture of an old, old quilt I made. I made this for my husband who is a landscaper. I had to take a picture and share it because Patchalot More shared one she made! Hers has some awesome colors in it. This one was made in brushed cottons and flannel's and is worn smooth in most places - but that is good, it gets used a lot!

And when I downloaded my pictures off my camera, look who I found! A picture of Chloe! Emily must have been playing with my camera yesterday when I took Adam down to college. So I thought I should share this pic also!

16 comments from wonderful readers:

Melzie said...

I LOVE that pink quilt :) The tree one looks hard! And aww on the puppy pic :) xoxo melzie

Tazzie said...

Your baby quilt is just darling. Isn't it nice to know that a little sweetie will treasure that for a long time? I just love the pine trees, those country colours always draw me in!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

fun4 said...

seƱora a pesar del perro, me encantaron sus patch works, beautiful!

Patti said...

Good for you getting some UFO's done. Has work slowed down for you at all? We are almost buried in the credit union training dept. - high turnover of over 35% per year this year (seems to be the same all over the country) and hiring an additional 6-7 to staff a new branch we are opening in November. Work sure gets in the way of quilting, doesn't it!

Leah Spencer said...

I love the trees quilt! I think the blue border really grabbed me.

Chloe is such a poser. ;)

quiltpixie said...

the quilts look lovely, though I'd like a better view of the one behind Chloe :-) Glad you were able to get ADam settled.

Darcie said...

Sweet little girl's quilt, Dawn. Perfect.

That one of your hubby's...that was either a Mumm or a Thimbleberries, wasn't it? I think I *had* it marked in my to-do's...once upon a time.

Chloe is quite the model!

ForestJane said...

Ahh, I like the tree quilt! And chloe looks so content - she's got a good family and she knows it!

I'm fussing at my cats tonight... I just put a new lotion on my legs, and they're both taking turns trying to sneak up under my chair and lick it off. Uggh.

Tonya Ricucci said...

great baby quilt - looks so soft and sweet. Worn is a good thing for a quilt to be - loved like the Velveteen Rabbit. Chloe is looking happy. Good puppy!

sewprimitive karen said...

Chloe is a pretty dog for sure and looks delighted with life. Love the use of the big polka dots and little polka dots in the pink quilt. And what a good feeling to have a well-used quilt in the house that you have made.

Laura said...

Sweet, Chloe!

I love the pink quilt, it looks so soft and inviting!

MARCIE said...

Love your trees! Isn't that a fun pattern? What a perfect quilt for a landscaper!

Libby said...

Yeah -- finished quilts. The baby quilt looks so soft and sweet. The smooth spots on the tree quilt just show how much hubby loves your work.
Chloe looks like she's ready for some action -- what a dear face.

Jenni said...

What a beautiful girl Chloe is. My beagle Simon is my quilting helper.

Lily Mulholland said...

Love the baby quilt. It's just beautiful :)

And the trees quilt is perfect! What a great idea for you to give to your husband.

Love the dog!

Unknown said...

I love Chole she is a beauty...