So I had made 4 of them for a block exchange I"m in and they went well so I knew I could make them. I cut out fabric for about 30 blocks (I think I need about 56 stars). I started working on them last weekend at the retreat and they were sooo off. The bottoms were about an inch wider than the tops! They were awful! After ripping and playing with about 3 of them I tossed them all back in my bag and gave up. So this weekend I got them out again and tried once more. I figured out the secret to getting them to come out! Thank goodness! These are coming out a bit smaller than the ones I did at camp but the size doesn't really matter since this is a made up quilt and I am going to put spacers between the stars anyway! So I got 8 done! Now that I know I can get them done ok, I'll start working on the stack of cut fabric!
I also finished hand quilting my strippy coin quilt and got the binding on! I"ll hand sew it down tonight and get it washed to get all the chalk lines off. It already is so soft and comfy from hand quilting it! I just love how it turned out!