Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Whine, whine, whine....

Yes, Libby was whining today that I didn't show what I worked on this weekend yet. So this post is dedicated to Libby. She wanted to know how she could copy me and add my projects to her list if I didn't share!

Well my first project was fixing the piping I did on this quilt top which I made last year on this trip. I spent 2 hours ripping it out at home before I left. Then worked Thursday afternoon and night "redoing" the piping and the outside borders. Needless to say, it looks worse than it did before I fixed it! So I think it will stay the way it is and just try and quilt up the slack in the middle. How you do the piping is really cool. I used the Piping Hot Binding method. I think the problem was all me - not the method!


The other project I worked on this weekend was Michael's Victory by Carol Hopkins. I love how it turned out! Now I just need to figure out how I want to quilt it!


I also made myself 2 new pillowcases - just for fun!


And then I worked on some more "Follow the Drinking Gourd" blocks. Only 13 more to go. First I have to find some more fabric that works with this!

26 comments from wonderful readers:

Libby said...

*ahhhhh* That's more like it *s* I'll take a little cheese with that whine. Love 'em all!

Vicki W said...

You sure accomplished a lot! All great projects but I especially love the blocks that you are making.

MARCIE said...

All that and Evita! So glad you had a good time!

Cathi said...

Wow -- you really accomplished tons! I love the Michael's Victory top -- really love it! The Follow the Drinking Gourd is very striking.

Darlene said...

Wow, you were a busy quilter. Everything is wonderful.

Cheryl said...

You have been one productive quilter! All great projects. I would love to make Michael's Victory..what a beauty!

Helen in the UK said...

Love the victory and drinking gourd quilts. You've sure been busy :)

julieQ said...

Wow, you have gotten a lot done. I love Michael's quilt, and your other quilt is so lovely. Is that the final border? I like it!!

Carol said...

What a very productive retreat...I'm going on a retreat the end of February...hope I get as much done. Love you Michael's Victory and your Follow the Drinking Gourd blocks are wonderful.

Jeanne said...

You have been very busy and have lots of neat things to show for it. The victory quilt is wonderful and the gourd blocks are looking great, too.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I was shocked to see you working on such a bright quilt - makes sense that it's the same quilt. silly goose. that michael's victory quilt is pretty. sounds like you guys had a great time - I'm jealous.

Carol E. said...

All 3 quilts are so pretty! I esp love the first one.

Wendy said...

I'm happy Libby did a little whining. You've done so much, I love your quilts.

Karen said...

My favorites are "Michael's Victory" and "Follow the Drinking Gourd". I have not heard of the latter before.

Unknown said...

All so beautiful, you have been busy.

Judy said...

Very good weekend haul! Love them all! I really need to make some pillowcases one day! It must have been nice to relax and just sew!

Lea said...

Woo, I love Carol Hopkins's quilt too! Dawn, your Michael's Victory is really beautiful. You surely did a wonderful job.
Your Fllow the drinking gourd is absolutely stunning. Ahhhh... I love this quilt.
and your pillowcases are so cute.
Also it's very refreshing and fun to see your bright color quilt.:-)

Darcie said...

Hey...they say the squeeky wheel gets the grease, right?! Great "quilt show!" I'm wondering though if you ever slept?! ;-)

atet said...

Love the show and tell! All of your quilts are such fun -- Love that Michael's Victory quilt!

Lucy said...

wow you have done alot!! I do remember the first quilt you posted, very bright colors !

Anonymous said...

You sure have been busy! That looks great. Hope you don't get too much snow today! The weather man keeps telling us more is coming....

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW Dawn, you've been one busy gal for sure. Love all your projects.

Kim said...

You have been busy doing good work! I need to stop touring quilt shops so I can start sewing together all of my treasures! Everyone seems to be getting a lot of sewing done this winter.

Unknown said...

I love the Carol Hopkins quilt, and the drinking gourd blocks and your piping (sorry that was a joke!) although I don´t see anything wrong in that piping at all. Take care.

Cher said...

looks like one great sewing time with friends! love the bright quilt and I agree- the piping looks wonderful to me.

Malagueta said...

The "Drinking Gourd" quilt is fantastic. I love those colors! Your work is always inspiring :)