Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Project Started

Life continues to be crazy at our house! At least high school started again this week and 2 of the 3 college ones are gone. Slowly things are settling in. Other than work continues to be busy, so keeping up with what everyone is working on is still a challenge!

Each month I teach a small Lori Smith Quilt. This month is 4-patch delight. Only I decided instead of making it 16" x 20" like the pattern to increase it so it will be approx 33" x 42". Here is my progress so far.

20 comments from wonderful readers:

Gypsy Quilter said...

I love it. Simple and wonderfully colorful.

antique quilter said...

looks great Dawn...good idea to make it a bit bigger. great fabrics.
Kathie

Lucy said...

beautiful dawn,I love patterns from Lori Smith.What a great idea to teach them each month!

Anonymous said...

Like the simplicity of the pattern ánd your colours and fabrics are great!

*karendianne. said...

I really really like this. The fabrics are great, the lines are clean and the eyes have a place to rest as well.

The perfect "first quilt" for me to see this morning over coffee.

Have a great day!

KC Quilter said...

Mmm...such a sweet quilt. IMHO, there is nothing better than a 4-patch (well, in quilting that is LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, please look at my blog, I gave you a "you make my day" award...

Helen in the UK said...

Love your colour choices :)

Unknown said...

Once again a simple design in cleverly placed colours speaks volumes - lovely!

Teodo said...

I love this and Man at work too.
ciao ciao

Judy said...

Very cool quilt Dawn...and Men at Work? Love it. I see all those little men marching along!

Libby said...

Delicious . . . why wouldn't everyone make it bigger?

Susie said...

Is that your carpet in the background? If it is you have to use a similar blue fabric for the border. It looks good!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Another great one!!

Lynn said...

Love those 4 patches! What size are they? Gorgeous quilt..

Laura said...

You are such an overachiever!!!! But I love it. The red is an excellent addition, it makes the whole quilt pop!

Shelina said...

It looks wonderful. Congratulations on getting men at work done. You are so productive - working, having all those teenagers, and still getting so much done.

Unknown said...

This looks very promising, nice colours.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

That is looking great, men at work really blew me away, well done.
I have nominated you for the "make my Day" award, pop over and check it out, Tracey

Lea said...

Gosh, I wish I were in your class to take this beautifu quilt lesson!!! I love the colors, pattern, It's just divine!!!