Monday, January 14, 2008

Borders are on!

I got the borders on, but skipped starting to quilt it. Not sure what I want to do with that yet. And I had forgotten that I promised my oldest daughter that I would make a messenger bag for her. She comes home this coming weekend for a long weekend from college - so I decided I had best work on that! I still need to topstitch the flap and front top of the bag, and then put the shoulder strap on - but it is looking ok. I was kind of scared to attempt this one, but it was actually fairly fast.


I modified parts of the bag pattern on All People Quilt to make it.

20 comments from wonderful readers:

Laura said...

I love your little quilt. The border was a perfect choice as it still lets the red in the middle pop.
Holly is going to love her bag! Glad she is going to be able to come home and spend a few days with you.

CONNIE W said...

Both are wonderful!

Thimbleanna said...

I love the bag Dawn (well, the quilt too!) Love the colors and the paisley lining -- very pretty!

Chookyblue...... said...

nice quilt and bag

Unknown said...

Lovely quilt and bag, you are very productive.

Lea said...

Dawn, I love the borders! It looks absolutely great with your pieced quilt top. :-)
and I L-o-o-o-ve your daughter's messenger bag!!!!! It looks very pretty!
The messenger bag is my favorite style,Ahh... I'm envy of your daughter! :-D

Sweet P said...

I've been watching your Four-Patch quilt come to life and I love it.

The messenger bag looks cool. I'm sure your DD will love it.

Lucy said...

Your little quilt is very nice!! and the bag is awesome :-)

Darcie said...

I know that the quilting treatment that you choose will be perfect, Dawn!

I LOVE the messenger bag! That paisley fabric is gorgeous!!! Your daughter's choice...or just your *educated* guess?

Susie said...

Goodness, both are beautiful. The little four-patch colors are very nice and the bag looks like fun for the maker and the reciever!

Darlene said...

Love the quilt, Dawn!

Cute bag. Your DD is going to love it.

Libby said...

The 4 patches are just as darling as can be . . . but that bag! Now I am not usually one to fall for a bag, but this style is right up my alley. I guess we'll have to make another mark in the Libby copies Dawn column *s*

Dianne said...

Wow, Dawn, you're on a roll. The bag is great, and I LOVE that little four-patch!

atet said...

That bag is great -- and nope, they're not that hard to do at all :0). As I said before -- love that four patch!

Carol E. said...

Love the bag! Looks like the perfect size and so fun to use. She will love it.

Judy said...

Now how did I miss coming here to check on your progress? Bad Judy! The Lori Smith is wonderful and the bag is fantastic. Just what a college student carries! great job Dawn!

Unknown said...

The 4patch quilt is lovely. I like how the colours are well balanced and how the yellow border brings everything together.
The messenger bag is great. I like the colour combination and I thank you for the link. Take care.

Wendy said...

You daughter is going to love that bag, love the lining!

The 4 patch turned out wonderful. I love those simple quilts, the colours are great.

Alison said...

Love the bag and the quilt. Both are lovely.

julieQ said...

The borders just pull that quilt together so well, I just love it.

JulieQ