Tuesday, January 01, 2008

First finish for 2008!

Here is my first finish for 2008! A reusable (and washable) market bag! I almost have 3 more done. 3 of them are Christmas gifts (yes I have a few more I need to make and give). This was a great mindless project for today.

Notice no unfinished seams inside! I used heavy weight decorating fabric, it was kind of fun looking at a different section of the fabric store!

Check out my friend Nann's progress report for 2007.....it is something to read!

12 comments from wonderful readers:

Patti said...

Looks great Dawn! Lucky ladies who are going to receive these!

Libby said...

Wow - already a complete project on the first day . . . it's shaping up to be a great year *s*

CONNIE W said...

Hi Dawn...I think this is the year for me to start making some bags. So far all I've done is collect bag patterns...it's time to use them!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I just love making those kinds of bags, no thinking requred! great New year project, off boogy boarding again tomorrow-coming? Tracey

antique quilter said...

Dawn this is a beautiful bag! Lucky person who gets this...
great idea looking in the decorator section for heavier wgt fabrics for these bags.
nice seams :)
Kathie

Juliann in WA said...

Great bag - I love my reusable shopping bags.

KC Quilter said...

You go Girl!!! I have four market bags from Whole Foods that I use all the time. Love not having to deal with a gazillion plastic bags!

Judy said...

Good job Dawn...I finished my swap obligation for the month...does that count *g*~ Great job on the bags!

Fabricmom said...

What a great idea. I need to do that with as much as I go to the store. thank God for recycling.

Anonymous said...

I love that fabric, and what a great bag. I made one for my kid the other day, it was pretty disastrous, but it was my first tote. Do you have a pattern for yours?

*karendianne. said...

Great work you did ALREADY!!!

I sure could use some Market Bags. I'll have to think that over.

Went to Nann's blog - thanks for sharing.

Darlene said...

Great looking bag! The recepients will love them.

I've read Nann's annual report before and it always amazes me. She's incredibly prolific!