Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A little bluework


I got 3 more bluework blocks done while I was gone! I"m only 1 behind now! Aren't they cute!




And on this trip I finally got to the ocean! I went with my oldest daughter Holly and my 2 nephews and niece. We had a great day! I even saw a whole school (or is it pod?) of dolphins swimming by not far from the shore! Holly tried to snap a pic but they all turned out looking like sharks! There were about 5 of them! A first for me! The water was freezing, but I went all the way in with my youngest nephew. The others wimped out!


9 comments from wonderful readers:

Jan said...

I don't like the Atlantic Ocean-always cold. Lived on the East Coast most of my life and very seldom got in the water. I like my warm lakes in TX better. Looks like y'all had a great time.

Jan said...

Your blue work looks great. I was working on one last night and got half way done with it when I realized I had done it on the wrong side of the fabric. No fun pulling all that out.

Anonymous said...

Sharks or dolphins! Would have been exciting either way, although I would definitely prefer the latter, lol. I like your bluework blocks. :o) Mine are waiting patiently for me to pick up and sew!

Melanie said...

Love the bluework blocks--- just wish my "hiney" look liked the one in the pink swimsuit...;)

Gypsy Quilter said...

You're a very brave auntie to go swimming in the brrr water. Glad the jelly fish were absent at least.

Libby said...

Is the water cold? I always think of the Atlantic as warm . . . it seems to usually border on freezing here. No wonder those surfers are always in wet suits *s

Unknown said...

Do you live far away from the sea?

meggie said...

Nice little blue works. I prefer it to red.
Beach does look a little chilly!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I like the embroidery. What are you going to sew it into? Beach looks like fun.