Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A little bluework


I got 3 more bluework blocks done while I was gone! I"m only 1 behind now! Aren't they cute!




And on this trip I finally got to the ocean! I went with my oldest daughter Holly and my 2 nephews and niece. We had a great day! I even saw a whole school (or is it pod?) of dolphins swimming by not far from the shore! Holly tried to snap a pic but they all turned out looking like sharks! There were about 5 of them! A first for me! The water was freezing, but I went all the way in with my youngest nephew. The others wimped out!


9 comments from wonderful readers:

Jan said...

I don't like the Atlantic Ocean-always cold. Lived on the East Coast most of my life and very seldom got in the water. I like my warm lakes in TX better. Looks like y'all had a great time.

Jan said...

Your blue work looks great. I was working on one last night and got half way done with it when I realized I had done it on the wrong side of the fabric. No fun pulling all that out.

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Sharks or dolphins! Would have been exciting either way, although I would definitely prefer the latter, lol. I like your bluework blocks. :o) Mine are waiting patiently for me to pick up and sew!

Screen Door said...

Love the bluework blocks--- just wish my "hiney" look liked the one in the pink swimsuit...;)

Gypsy Quilter said...

You're a very brave auntie to go swimming in the brrr water. Glad the jelly fish were absent at least.

Libby said...

Is the water cold? I always think of the Atlantic as warm . . . it seems to usually border on freezing here. No wonder those surfers are always in wet suits *s

Guðrún said...

Do you live far away from the sea?

meggie said...

Nice little blue works. I prefer it to red.
Beach does look a little chilly!

ROZ said...

I like the embroidery. What are you going to sew it into? Beach looks like fun.