Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Wedding Quilt Top is DONE

Yes, I've been extremely busy. We never travel or go anywhere. This month we have been gone on long road trips 3 weekends in a row! I"m exhausted. But I did accomplish one thing! The wedding quilt top is DONE!!!! DONE I say!!!! And I had a about a 15" x 40" strip of background fabric left - now that was close! Taking it to the quilter tomorrow!

Last week went to Iowa for my middle daughters White Coat Ceremony. She officially is a P1 student now (1st year Pharmacy Grad School Student). They have a lovely ceremony where they get their white coats. My kids won't even let me take pictures anymore because they say - "its going on the blog". So Here is a picture of her with her white coat and lego head.

20 comments from wonderful readers:

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful quilt! It turned out great and you should be so proud. And Congratulations to your daughter -- what a wonderful accomplishment!

Barb said...

Your quilt is totally amazing...totally. If you are not busy tomorrow, come on by my blog for an awesome giveaway...www.bejeweledquilts.blogspot.com...hope to see you there.

antique quilter said...

the wedding quilt looks awesome
I would love to make this quilt too
Congrats to Jenna, what an accomplishment.
glad your finding time to sew in-between all this and your job!
kathie

Janet said...

Well done, what a mammoth effort and it's just beaautiful. I can imagine it will be stunning when it's quilted. Congratulations to your daughter.

Carol said...

WOWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats to both of you! What accomplishments!

Jenny in Belgium said...

Great quilt - great daughter :-)) - congratulations on both.
Jenny

Libby said...

You know I'm just in love with that wedding quilt . . . . lucky couple *s*


Now the question is: does your Lego-girl look more like you or her dad?

Vicki W said...

The wedding quilt is beautiful!

Paula, the quilter said...

The lucky couple: that wedding quilt is fabulous! The photo of your daughter made me smile, congrats to her. My DS was a lego maniac when he was a boy.

Lori said...

Lego head is just hilarious! Sounds like she's been working hard- Congrats!
The wedding quilt is amazing! Once its quilted it will be even more beautiful.

Mary L. said...

The quilt is just fabulous. I have to add something similar to my to-do list for sure. I'm assuming you were in Iowa City? Wish I were in Iowa. LOL.

Rebecca P said...

Wow, the wedding quilt is so beautiful!!!!!!
Congratulations to your lago daughter.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous quilt!
Congrats to your daughter and you too!

Pat said...

The wedding quilt is awesome I am sure that they will treasure it.
Is it your own design?

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

Beautiful quilt and congrats to your daughter.

*karendianne. said...

Exhilarating to see the finished Wedding quilt. I can only imagine the joy and pride this brings you. Super congratulations!!!

Hilarious Lego Head. Good to have a family with humor.

Have an exceptional weekend basking in the joy of many important accomplishments this weekend... *karendianne.

Nancy said...

The top is lovely!!! Congratulations. Did you make up the pattern?

I love the lego head.... I'll have to remember that for my kids.

Hugs!

Martina said...

This weddingquilt looks so beautiful. I love to see your quilts.

Hedgehog said...

This top is gorgeous!

Judy said...

Wow Dawn, it turned out to be an amazing quilt. Just perfect! Congrats to the white coat girl!