Saturday, August 08, 2009

Where does the time go!

Boy is this month flying by! There won't be much to show on the quilting front. I"ve barely been home. This week we took a quick trip to central Ohio and back to do a campus visit with Emily. This week it is a trip to Des Moines to help drop stuff off for Jenna at her new apartment and then down to Oklahoma to take Holly her shower gifts (oh by the way the shower was wonderful). So busy, busy, busy!

I did finish the above punchneedle for my friend for her birthday. About time too since her bday was in May! Isn't the box cool! This pattern and box came from Connecting Threads - isn't it cute!

Emily made the flower vases for the shower as favors for everyone. Didn't they turn out cute!

And I think Holly liked her tree skirt!

8 comments from wonderful readers:

Craft-aholic said...

Lovely punchneedle project! I do punchneedle too, although I have been mostly quilting and working with felted wool lately. I may have to pick it back up after seeing your inspiring picture!

Melody said...

You have been busy! The tree skirt is gorgeous! I love the punchneedle work!

rainey said...

Your needlepunch is sensational! Lovely shading on the pincushion.

How did you affix it to the box?

Darcie said...

Your punch needling is gorgeous! What a great box to showcase your work, too!

Love the tablescapes!

Thimbleanna said...

What a fun use for a needlepunch -- I'm always wondering what to do with them. Yours is super cute!

Stina Blomgren said...

Love the Punch Needle box you made... its perfect!! :o)

Jan said...

Busy, busy, busy...needlepunch is neat. Never tried that. Looks like a great shower. When you head to OK, you can drive another 8 hours and come see me!!!! If not, see you in 4 weeks at camp.

Shareese said...

I really like the punchneedle project with the box that you made. I checked Connecting Threads, but wasn't able to find that item. I was hoping that you could help me out.

Thank you very much!

Shareese