Sunday, December 06, 2009

It's beginning to look like Christmas...


Sorry I've been mia lately! Went out to Delaware to visit mom and my sister for 2 weeks for Thanksgiving. Got home this week and it took a few days just to catch up on home stuff. I did manage to get the tree up this weekend (well today actually) and some Christmas decoration out. Things are looking better around here. Holly is coming home this weekend with Adam for a early Christmas so I wanted it to feel like Christmas.

You can get a small peek at my Christmas Tree skirt. I made this way before I ever knew how to quilt - about 25 years ago. It even has the puffy polyester batting in it! And on the underside you can see where I made the ruffles with white thread! But it has held up over the years and is just part of my tree.




Even got the Christmas quilts up!

And check out my Turkey! Found this pattern at the quilt store by my mom's and had to get it. Couldn't even wait to make it - so did it at my mom's. Not quite done yet - you'll see how it goes together soon.

Also made these fun wine glass coasters there. They were fun and easy to make!

9 comments from wonderful readers:

SewCalGal said...

I love all your Christmas items. You are certainly further ahead on being prepared for Christmas than I am.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

PS - I hope you come check out (and hopefully enter) my Virtual Christmas Quilt Show.....rules are posted on my site.

sewprimitive karen said...

That all looks very Christmasy. Is the first quilt a Jo Morton pattern? How do you make the wine glass coasters?

Lori said...

Everything looks great! I love the turkey on a branch pattern. I don't think I've ever seen it before. I can't wait to see it finished.

Taryn said...

Congratulations on getting decorated for Christmas. I will use your post as inspiration. Are those wine glasses wearing the coasters? Clever.

Holly @ Hello Audrey Ruth said...

Cool coasters! I still can't believe you put the tree in front of the TV...gosh mom :P

Heckety said...

I LOVE your Christmas quilts! Especially the wise men one! Our girls spent an hour this evening untangling the tree lights and were then too tired to put them up! Now we have lines up and down the sitting room floor!

Betsy said...

I love your pomegrante quilt. Can you share the pattern name with me? I would love to make one.

Libby said...

It does look like Christmas - I love celebrating early. No time to procrastinate, then you celebrate, and nothing but time to relax and enjoy for the rest of the season *s*

Karen said...

I enjoyed seeing the Christmas quilts!