Monday, December 28, 2009

Some pretty nifty gifts

I got some pretty nifty gifts for xmas. Above is my new scissor holder! My friend Joan's husband made this for her to give me. It is perfect! And being used I must say!


Also got this really great wool kit and pattern from my mom. Isn't that a drop dead gorgeous table topper for xmas! I hope I can do it justice.

And she got these great patterns that the center wool part swaps out for the seasons! The pattern and wool are packaged. I provide the fabric for the outside part. These will be fun to make! The patterns actually have one for each month. I thought I'd start with one for each holiday!

9 comments from wonderful readers:

Betsy said...

your patterns look like a great project.

Barb said...

You did get some good gifts...

Jan said...

Message to Joan....remember your room mates!!!! (hee hee) Great patterns and gifts. You are going to be busy.

Browndirtcottage said...

yes...good 'stuff-n-things'!!!

Unknown said...

wow! I love it all...that scissor holder would look great in my sewing room!

Lori said...

Lovely gifts!!!
The table cloth will be awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Those indeed are nifty gifties!
Wishing you many stitches in the New year!!

Janet said...

I'm still looking at the scissor holder, even showed it to DH. That's a subtle hint for him. I think I'd need several with my collection. Love all your wonderful gifts.

sewprimitive karen said...

Any tips for making the scissors holder? Very nice gift!