Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Whats your choice

So I have a quilt back from the quilters (I'm not showing the whole thing until I get the binding on - but it isn't hard to tell what it is!). But I"m debating 3 bindings. I do have a favorite I think, but am curious to what your choice is. Above is all 3 bindings in one picture.

So do you think the purple binding:

The middle black with tan design binding:

Or the more subtle black (almost charcoal grey) binding:

And check out the backing fabric! Isn't it cool!

41 comments from wonderful readers:

cockermom said...

I really like the middle black, it looks just right!

bingo~bonnie said...

either of the blacks - is what I'd choose. ;)

Love your spool collection!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Barb said...

Black

antique quilter said...

subtle black this time around
just mho
Kathie

what a great quilt btw

Carol said...

Love what I can see of your quilt -- can't wait to see the whole thing. I hope it has a purple binding!

Carol said...

I know what that is...I like the subtle black on the end.

SubeeSews said...

I vote on a multi-color binding to reflect ALL the colors in the quilt. That is my favorite type of binding on scrappy quilts.
Subee

Joyce said...

I like the black binding the best.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I'd go with the subtle black...the almost gray.....

Beautiful...LindaMay

Linda C. said...

I like the subtle black . . . frames the quilt like the matting in a picture frame.

~Laurie~ said...

I really like the black with tan design binding :) It will be interesting to see what the final vote is!

Barb said...

I like the middle black -
Nice quilt!
barb

Lori said...

Nice quilt!! I like the 3rd binding- charcoal. I'm curious to know what your choice is:)

Leah Spencer said...

Middle, black with tan. :) The purple doesn't have enough "punch" with all the other colors going on.

Sherri said...

The subtle black on the end...it really makes the quilt sparkle!

Unknown said...

I like the last one best. It just seems to go with the other fabrics better.

Meredith said...

middle black

Jill Chapman said...

I like the subtle black I think it will frame it really well and the pattern won't draw attention away from the rest of the quilt.

Linda (Petey) said...

From what I can see, I would choose the 2nd, subtle black. Seems it would look nice with the backing also. Be sure and show us when completed!! Many thanks.

Paula, the quilter said...

The purple gets lost. The middle Black.

Vloggerlyfe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie S said...

I vote for the middle black with the tan design. Strong vote -- really stands out to me!

Jeanne said...

I think either of the black choices would look best. Great scrappy quilt!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Subtle black almost charcoal grey.

Julia said...

Thay all look lovely , but I really like the black with tan design binding..
great scrappy quilt.
Julia ♥

Darlene B said...

I think either the purple or the charcoal grey. The middle one looks too busy for the binding. Just my humble opinion! dsb448@att.net

Zegi said...

My vote is the black on the right! I think it defines the others the best

sophie said...

I would choose one of the two blacks and choose between them after seeing how they look with your backing fabric. Like Petey, I'm thinking the smaller scale print (the more subtle black) will look nicer with the back, but the black and tan fabric (which is my favorite fabric of the three) might be great with the backing fabric, too. It's hard to tell without seeing them side by side.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh great - no one mentioned my opinion so here goes, although SuBee's comment was where I was heading. I would add a light inner border first, then the two borders, either of the choices, but maybe repeating another color(s) from the quilt top. And because of the diagonals in the spools, mitering the border at the corner would look absolutely stunning!

Don't ya jest hate it when you get too many opinions and options you hadn't thought of before?

BTW, that's a beauty of a quilt!

The Calico Cat said...

Either of the black ones... Maybe some of each since your quilt is scrappy...

Material Mary said...

Just love your quilts. The spool quilt is awesome. Gonna have to make one of those someday. I prefer the middle binding, the one with the tan in the black. Keep quilting you do it so great!
Mary

Janet said...

Lovely quilt! I vote the middle black.

julieQ said...

I love the charcoal binding, but any one you have there would be lovely. The quilt itself is gorgeous!

Frog Quilter said...

the middle one plays nicely with all the fabrics.

Libby said...

Am I too late to weigh in? I'm always a fan of black, either is good - but I think I favor #3 *s*

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You're probably finished with this by now, but I like the middle one the best.

Paula said...

I'm a little late to this too, but I like the middle black or maybe, if you want to go scrappy, do lots of different blacks.

Anonymous said...

Miiddle black frames it nicely but I do think the purple is very pretty even if it blends in. So either one!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I know what that is!! I love it and I think either of the blacks would love great.

Janet said...

I love your spools - I want to make one too. I like the charcoal binding - I can't wait to see the whole quilt!

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

I just LOVE your scrappy spools. I am going to make one of these too, and hope to get on with it asap :o)
I guess I would use the grey as bindig. Look forward to see it finished!
Enjoy:o)
Laila