Sunday, April 11, 2010

A bit more progress

A bit more progress on my wool wall hanging. This will be the quilt that I hang my wool water can from! I used some of my fun barn fabric for the center! Of course when I hang up the wool center that will be covered up - but I still will know it is there! Still need to figure out how I want to quilt it.

And here is close to what it will look like when I hang up the wool part on it. I'm going to attach the wool with magnets! How cool is that! You sew those rare earth magnets into pockets that go onto the back of the wool piece. Then you attach it by putting another magnet behind the quilt and click the wool piece into place! I need to trim down the wool piece yet, but this will give you an idea.

This pattern actually has 12 wool centers so you can switch out the center each month. It is by Under the Garden Moon and is their "As Time Goes By" set of patterns. I have the winter ones (but not made yet) and the fall ones (also not made yet). I need to get a summer one next.

9 comments from wonderful readers:

Barb said...

YOu are making great progress....love it@@@

antique quilter said...

looks great!!!!

tich said...

The hanging is beautiful- I love the colours. The central panel is the only part made of wool? It is a great idea.

Leyla Ferrari said...

Very very nice, I like it!
Greetings from Switzerland
Leyla

Karen said...

I have looked at the pattern set before and liked what I saw. You will have a very nice monthly quilt to display when all done. And wool applique will make it fairly easy to get done.

Lori said...

I love the bucket of flowers and the idea of changing out the wallhanigng!! Very nice!!

MARCIE said...

Very pretty Dawn! I love medallion anything, and a wool center block is great! You always do such nice work!

Libby said...

Pretty darned cute! And the magnets - an inspired way to hang *s*

Diane said...

These borders are striking. Great fabric choices once again, Dawn!