Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where's the Fabric

I know, you all are asking - "Where's the Fabric"! That is what you really want to see isn't it? I know it is. Yes, yes - I did buy fabric! How can you got to Paducah and not find fabric and a new project or two?!!!! I eyed and drooled over the kit above at the Chicago show, and then saw it again in Paducah. I finally went back the last day and bought it. Sure I could have just bought the pattern, but the kits they had made up were just so wonderful, and I love the small quilt made with the scraps!

And I'm a sucker for Carol Hopkins patterns. Quilts Plus had this fairly new pattern of Carol's kitted up in these wonderful fabrics, with the awesome border print (and sashing) that I just couldn't resist.

Then of course there are the whim purchases - and surprises! I just HAD to buy this chicken head pattern. I guess because it looks so much like I feel these days! So then I decided if I was really going to go wild, I needed some fun fabrics to make it with. So I got the green and black batik's at Hancock's. It will be just a really quick fun project to make.
I had seen the Untitled project made up on the internet recently in reproduction fabrics - and was it GORGEOUS! I don't think the pattern picture does it justice. So when I came across this pattern I had to get it! And I saw the Primitive Gatherings wool mat made up on Colleen's (I think) blog - so had to get that! I debated the kit, but you know - you have to draw the line somewhere!

Last I found this wonderful moda fabric in the back room of Hancock's ready to be cut into 1 yard cuts for the flat fold sale tables. I grabbed the lady and asked if I could just get a bunch of yardage uncut for the same price. She said of course! So I got 8 yards of this fabric for $5 a yard! (Plus no digging to find 8 - 1 yard pieces!) I was a happy girl!

18 comments from wonderful readers:

Karen said...

You did well on your 8 yards at $5 a yard. I have some of that fabric but certainly not 8 yards. I like it very much.

Deb said...

Such wonderful goodies. I'm so envious!! And what an excellent deal on that fabric for $5 yard

Anonymous said...

Love your purchases! I would be a happy, HAPPY girl :o) There is nothing like a kit to boost a girl's mood!

antique quilter said...

great purchases! oh love the wool mat, just beautiful.
great fabric for $5. a yard, ok so what are you going to do with it?
love the kit...yes they are hard to pass up sometimes!
Kathie

Barb said...

great haul!
I love that alphabet fabric - 8 yards, sounds like you have big plans for it.
Have fun!

Libby said...

Paducah and the Chicago show, too . . . . I'm living vicariously through you right now. Love (and covet) what you brought home *s*

Lori said...

It looks like a great score all around!!!

Loretta said...

Could you please check the selvage of the moda letter fabric and tell me the name of it? I'd love to find some! :)
Thanks in advance,
Loretta

Anonymous said...

Wow...I've just caught up on some blog reading here and fell in love with the fabrics in the kits your purchased and also that wonderful alphabet fabric! I say you scored!!

Angela said...

If you ever decide that you don't want either of the first two kits, I could provide a GOOD HOME for them! :o))) Beautiful fabrics!

Material Mary said...

Love your finds. What fun to go to Hancocks of Paducah. I order from them now and then for just that right fabric...
Mary

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- you got some great fabric! You're going to be a busy girl!!!

Sue said...

I had a great time to in Hancocks back area with the 1 yard cuts. I also bought two wonderful kits. Thing is you just need someone to think for you sometimes.

tich said...

I want to come next time. I just love all the things you bought, especially the material!

YankeeQuilter said...

Next year at Paducah I will be a better shopper...this year I was just too overwhelmed!

julieQ said...

I just love kits...and yours are no exception! Very pretty fabrics.

Darlene said...

Wow, love all your purchases - ya done good. :-)

fiberobsession said...

I love that batik green and the chicken is a real hoot.