Saturday, November 20, 2010

Guild Raffle Quilt

I showed a bit ago some blocks I was working on for our guilds raffle quilt. Well I have a bunch of them back and just had to lay them out to get a look. Doesn't it look great! This whole quilt is set in seams though, so it has been a challenge. But I am so happy with the results so far I had to share. I have 4 more star block units to make myself yet. Guess I better get going!

If your wondering what the pattern is, it is "Eldon" by Laundry Basket Quilts.

32 comments from wonderful readers:

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful blocks, that is going to be a gorgeous quilt. Love your christmas block too.

Debbie

Linda said...

Simply gorgeous! I'm sure it will bring in lots of money for the raffle!!

PatchworkRose said...

Quilt is going to be just gorgeous
Love the colours
Cheers
lynne

paulette said...

Wow!! These blocks are beautiful!
Paulette

Diane said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt!! WOW!

Pat said...

Dawn, the blocks are beautiful. Thanks for sharing who the designer is. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

May Britt said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Unknown said...

Stunning!!!

Carol said...

WOWSER! That is going to be one AMAZING quilt!

Angela said...

Beautiful! That will be a fantastic quilt!

Lori said...

Fantastic!! It really looks complicated too. I hope it raises a lot of money.

Diana said...

Oh my! What a beauty it will be! I know you will sell a LOT of chances for this.

Karen said...

WOW! that is all I can say right now- as my mouth is hanging open!!
This is just stunning- can I buy a ticket or 2 or 100!!?
Beautiful work :-)
Karen

Anonymous said...

Let me know when those tickets go on sale!! It is a beauty!!!

julieQ said...

Gosh, that is going to be one wonderful faffle quilt! Set in seams and all!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Super quilt blocks, looks very intricate.

Micki said...

That is a beautiful patern!
Micki

Jan said...

Yes, I've seen the pattern before - it's very intimidating! Your blocks are beautiful. Keep us posted when tickets are available, please!

Wendy said...

Wow that's a awesome quilt. Very generous for you to be making it.

Jill Chapman said...

The quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could join your raffle. I haven't tried set in seams before but this might just tempt me to give it a go.

*karendianne. said...

Whoa. This is what you were sayin. I'm not even going to complain about my seams. This looks extremely difficult compared to what I've got to deal with. You know, I think I'm whining a little bit too much!!! This is such a work of art my gosh. You're amazing.

Meggie said...

Wow! Fantastic.

Libby said...

Holy Cow! That quilt is going to bring in about a zillion dollars for your guild *s*

Deb said...

Wow now they are awesome.That is alot of work with all those strips lucky this is a group effort on making the blocks.
Once you do a few set in seams you get used to it and it becomes a breeze. this quilt is going to look awesome when do the tickets go on sale?

Karen said...

Oh, my goodness! What a great quilt in the works. The colors are good and the design so interesting.

Elaine Adair said...

Wowsers!!!

fiberobsession said...

I am awestruck! That quilt will be amazing. I just can't get over how beautiful it is.

Julia said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt...Love it!1

Material Mary said...

What a stunner this quilt is going to be. Love love love the Brownstone all quilted. Gorgeous!!
Mary

CJ said...

Wow, what a wonderful quilt. It's coming along beautifully.

Barb said...

wow- your raffle project is amazing. What a challenge and it looks just great - it will be sure to be a winner and make lots of money

Anne Ida said...

Oh my gosh that is gorgeous!