Saturday, November 06, 2010

Why I've been quiet

Some of you are probably wondering where I've been and what I'm up to? Well I"m busy finishing up xmas gifts! And I can't share yet because the receivers read the blog! But I'm getting close to being finished with them.


Went shopping to Cedarburg Wisconsin Friday with a friend. We stopped at Ye Olde Schoolhouse Quilt Shop which was in the recent top 10 quilt shops. Oh my goodness - was it wonderful. Here are some pics of the shop.



No I have no goodies to share. I've been put on a "No quilting things" diet. Now that could be really hard and tough for me. But I have a good reason!..........


I'm going to Australia!!!!! Can you believe it! I"m so excited! I"m going for just over 2 weeks in April. I"m going to visit my friend Jody and will be seeing Sydney and Canberra. I can't wait to go! So the condition of the trip was to spend no money on quilt stuff between now and then. I can do that so I can see my good friend Jode!

Oh and before I close a few shots of the old Mill in Cedarburg and the Dam next to it.

23 comments from wonderful readers:

Barb said...

Loved your pictures of the shop and Australia and the dam.

You can do it....no fabric....you can do it....yepeeeee I am excited for you.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG your coming to Oz.......you will have a wonderful time.........

May Britt said...

Soon finishing your christmas presents!!!! And I have not started yet. Each year I promise myself to start early. But do I ????? Have to hurry now :)

Sue said...

The pain of the diet will be worth it. Just think you can go on a binge after your trip.

Anonymous said...

I gosh I'd save every penny myself for a trip such as that! Something to really look forward to and I have to say the shop you went to is gorgeous and to show self restraint not to buy deserves APPLAUSE!!

Karen said...

You already know how excited I am for you (about your trip), so thought I'd just say a big thanks for the wonderful photos! I'd have a hard time not buying anything...oh wait! I'm not going Down Under anytime soon.
Will have to take a closer look at this wonderful quilt shop.
Karen

Darlene said...

You're going to Australia???? That's wonderful - I'm so thrilled and excited for you.

Fabulous shop - thank you for sharing pictures.

Paula said...

Now that is an exciting adventure you will have. I don't know if I could have that much self-control in a quilt shop.
I have never been to the Cedarburg quilt shop, but, just looking at your pictures I see about 102 things I HAVE to have!! LOL!
Paula

Jan said...

Great shop pics - it's only a few hours from me, so I think I need a road trip. Your photos are better than the ones in the magazine!
How exciting - Austrailia! Your fabric diet will be worth it. I did the same thing before a trip to England this past spring. I'll be looking forward to hearing about your trip. I would love to go there, too and I really enjoy so many of the Aussie bloggers!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Now THAT'S exciting news! Love the quilt shop photos. Thanks for sharing.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, you lucky, lucky girl!!!! After working with Jan and Kellie at quilt market, I'm dying to go. I'm so excited for you!!!

Micki said...

You are going to have an incredible time in Australia.It will be well worth the quilting diet you have been put on!
Micki

Loris said...

What an awesome shop you visited! Good for you showing restraint and saving your pennies for such a wonderful adventure called Australia. It will be worth it no doubt! Thanks for sharing those pictures though because the quilts (especially the one with the watermelon!) are lovely and inspiring! Cedarburg looks like a very picturesque(do i need spellcheck?) town!

Quiltbenaco said...

Grazie per le belle foto del negozio, e della diga,
Tanti auguri per il viaggio in Australia

Ciao Domenica

Lori said...

I think the trade off of buying no fabric is worth it!! You are a lucky girl!!

I'd have to stay away from beautiful fabric shops like the one you show!!

Material Mary said...

I've actually been to Cedarburg, WI and just fell in love with the whole atmosphere of that charming place. It was my pre-quilting days back around 2000, but I would love to go back and visit again. I think going on the quilt diet is so worth a trip to Australia. You go girl!!
Mary

Hanne said...

Saving for a trip is so nice :-) Enjoy the anticipation !!

Taryn said...

Gee, you made me realize that I would be able to afford a trip to Australia if I didn't buy any quilt stuff for six months. That put things into perspective. Loved your Ye Olde Schoolhouse pictures. I visited the shop in mid-October and was too shy to ask if I could take any pics.

YankeeQuilter said...

What a great shop! And going to Australia...that is something to look forward to!

MARCIE said...

Cedarburg looks lovely! And that quilt shop--I love the headboards hanging from the walls with quilts attached!

Sylvia said...

Wow... I think I am going to have to make a trip to the States soon. Such cute stores.

Sydney is wonderful, I was there in May 2008. You'll love it.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

It was a joy to read your post and see all the wonderful pics of Ye Olde Schoolhouse! I was lucky to get to write the Quilt Sampler article on this awe-inspiring shop. It was so lovely to revisit it through your photos.

Maribeth said...

I'm so glad you had a great time in Cedarburg. It's a great place to live, too. I should know : ),
Maribeth
in historic Cedarburg, WI
NQA Certified Quilt Judge
www.wiquiltjudge.com