Friday, July 06, 2007

It's Been Forever...

It seems like it has been forever since I've posted, and even been able to browse around. Things this summer are just way hectic with the 4 teenagers and full time work! Or - could it just be that I'm getting older and keep up as well??? Hmmmm

I did finally finsh round 3 of my medallion challenge which was suppose to be done by end of June. Round 3 is "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend". I'm hoping to begin round 4 today - "Bountiful Garden".

Jenna and Emily are heading down to Purdue today to spend the weekend with big sis Holly. So that gives me a whole weekend to do as I please! This is the busy work season so Mark will be busy working. Not that it wouldn't be nice to spend time with him, but I'm kind of excited to just be able to sew! I think I may even go to the movies by myself and just relax!

14 comments from wonderful readers:

Darlene said...

Well, there you are! Been missing ya but figured you were super, super busy. Relax this week end and enjoy some time with YOU. :-)

MARCIE said...

Welcome back from one rat race to another! Your quilt is coming along very nicely! Take care!

dot said...

I just figured you were busy with family. This is coming out really nice. I like the color choices. I look forward to seeing the next round, sounds like aplique.

Leslie said...

If you do decide to 'Escape to the movies', go see Ratatouille. Fun, cute and *incredible* computer animation. I could forget the story and just sit and look at the film.
Really like your seminole border and the fact you put blue in each corner. Nice touch!

Libby said...

You deserve a good break from all the action. What better way to refresh yourself than with a marathon sewing session *s*

Floss said...

It coming along nicely, I like the blue diamonds in the corners. Can't wait to see the next boarder.

Unknown said...

Have a great weekend doing whatever you want to do.

meggie said...

Movies alone would be a nice treat!
love your quilt, it is coming along very nicely.

tami said...

The challenge is coming along beautifully. I hope you have a great weekend. A weekend with nothing but what I want to do sounds like heaven.

atet said...

Movies that aren't on my television. I vaguely remember those. One of those and a weekend of sewing to myself? Oh bliss. And with the weather forcasts for stinking hot and humid -- AC and a machine is about perfect.

Love your medallion challenge -- it looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your 'me' time Dawn - you deserve it! and your medallion quilt is looking gorgeous!

KC Quilter said...

Welcome back to Blogland!!! Your diamond medallion is just gorgeous. Enjoy your "me time"!!

Rose Marie said...

Your top is awesome! Can't wait to see the next round.

Kim West said...

very pretty!!!