Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend Fun

I did a bit of sewing - besides Betty's surprise! I'm teaching a buggy barn class in August so wanted to make some blocks to show done, as well as some in various stages for my display boards. I'm making 6 of these hearts. These 2 are all the way done, the other 4 are in various stages on the class board!

Aren't they fun! I dug through my stash to find 6 FQs that would work together. The hardest was finding full FQs! They were a lot of fun to make.

15 comments from wonderful readers:

dot said...

Looks like it is going to be a fun class. I like the color choices.

sewprimitive karen said...

That must be so interesting to do the preparation for teaching classes, like making blocks in various stages of completion, etc.

Libby said...

Love those Buggy Barn blocks - they are such fun to make. Wish I could be in your class *s*

Laurie Ann said...

I love that pattern! I made one with all flannel, front and back, and it is one of my favorite winter snugglers!

Unknown said...

I always like the Buggy Barn cut and stitch patterns - fun in those colours

Floss said...

The Buggy Barn blocks look like fun. It should be a good class.

Darcie said...

These quirky hearts are fun, Dawn! Love your fabric choices. Only 6 FQs? Hmm...bet I met have 6.... ;-)

YankeeQuilter said...

Full fat quarters...that made me laugh. I think I automaticly slice a piece out of every new one that comes in the house! I use a lot of them for applique and it looks like a moth attacked them!

Darlene said...

Cute blocks! Did I mention that Libby and I will be in your class?
Oh wait that was a dream! :-)

meggie said...

I wish I was in the class too! Those blocks look like fun.

Wendy said...

I haven't tried a buggy barn pattern yet...it's on my "to do" list. Lovely blocks.

Lucy said...

Yes they are really fun!!

atet said...

Those blocks look like such fun!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh, book me in, they look great-surely I could manage a weekly flight...if i sold a kidney! Tracey

jovaliquilts said...

These are adorable! Where are you teaching the class? I live in Illinois, but it's a big state.
Cheri