Wednesday, July 25, 2007

More fair news!!!





OK, I kind of didn't tell the whole story last night, I was tired! I actually did really, really well at the fair this year! 5 blue ribbons, 5 second place ribbons and 3 third place ribbons! I was soooo happy!



As for those comments about the plastic! No that isn't plastic in my house! Those pictures (and these) were taken at the fair. Not stop and think about the dust and dirt and grimy hands that travel through that building in a 7 day period. The fair covers them up with plastic to keep dirt, dust and children's food off the quilts. It makes it hard to take good pics - but I was sooooo happy they do that last night as I watched one young boy lean over the quilts and drip grease, ketchup, hot dog chunks and breading onto the table from his corn-dog! Yuck! You'd be happy with the plastic too!


25 comments from wonderful readers:

Jan said...

Congratulations! I particularly like the top quilt...have you shown that on the blog before?

Paula, the quilter said...

Wow, Dawn, congratulations! Our fair used to do the plastic thing and then we (voters) built a brand spankin' new fairgrounds and buildings and now the quilts are hanging from the rafters. You get a crick in the neck looking at them.

Judy H. said...

I also love the top quilt. What is it? Anyway, congratulations on all those lovely quilts and lovely ribbons!

My fair also hangs the quilts from the rafters, and the other needlework is in glass cases. I used to be annoyed the quilts were all so high up, but when I realized they were being protected that way, I was mollified. I think you can also see more of the quilt, even though it's not close, because they have so much room in those rafters.

meggie said...

Wow! Congratulations, & well done. Your quilts are beautiful & deserve the ribbons!

CONNIE W said...

Congrats!!! Wow, look at all those ribbons! Great job!

~Bren~ said...

Your quilts are unbelievable!!! Are you in Northern IL? I would have liked to go see those quilts in person!

Vicky said...

Wow, congratulations on all your ribbons! Your quilts are gorgeous!

Darlene said...

Way to go, Dawn! You and your talent are a true inspiration.

With that said - I want to be you!

:-)

atet said...

Woo Hoooo! Way to go Dawn. Like you, I would be very happy with the plastic! And ecstatic about all of those ribbons!

Helen said...

Wow, you kinda blew the opposition away!!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Fabulous work! Your quilts are wonderful!

KC Quilter said...

So well-deserved, Dawn! Congrats.

Libby said...

Love, love, love them all!

Laurie Ann said...

Yeah Dawn, good job! I love the fair. I can't wait until it comes this year.

Judy said...

Just wonderful Dawn...be happy, you deserve it!

Tazzie said...

Wow Dawn, congratulations! Your work is so amazing, you definitely deserve it!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

wow, look at all those quilts! Congratualtions! Those look awesome!
Kate

Teodo said...

Ciao Dawn, congratulations your quilts are BELLISSIMI. ( wonderful)
ciao ciao

Kim said...

Excellent quilts! I've enjoyed seeing them! Congrats!

Our fair--the State Fair--has roped off displays and glass enclosed displays so that solves the sticky hands problem.

Jenni said...

I'm not surprised you won so many prizes, as your quilts are beautiful and intricate. Congratulations.

jovaliquilts said...

I'm so happy for you, congratulations! What an amazing set of quilts, and all submitted this year. You do beautiful work.

Have fun in the Dells!
Cheri

Nicole said...

Thank you so much for sharing photos of those fabulous quilts. I want to enlarge every one of them and study all the details.
Congratulations to you on your ribbons!

Rose Marie said...

Lots and lots of clapping from here ... well done and all your quilts are lovely!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

All incredibly well deserved as well!! And I would rather plastic on my quilts than 7 days of gunk!! Tracey

Patti said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who fell way behind on blog reading this summer. Catching up on you right now. Huge congratulations for all of those ribbons - very well deserved! You mentioned it on PFAQ but I never had a chance to look at the pictures to see which quilts.

I'm with you - except I don't think anyone could have talked me into going on some of those water slides! I don't like to do things where I have no control of my body LOL!