Sunday, July 08, 2007

Saying for Today:

Got this at Zook's in Intercourse, PA.

18 comments from wonderful readers:

Sweet P said...

Great saying. I've used a similar one on my DH. We have friends who are avid wine collectors and have a collection worth several thousand dollars and buy more than they drink. So why can't I have more fabric than I'll ever use? Worked for me.

Diane said...

The above comment gave me a giggle. My husband collects wine. The secret is to get your husband involved in a hobby that is more expensive than yours. Then he can't complain about the fabric.

sewprimitive karen said...

A very good quotation!

Quilting Pirate said...

:D we have it hanging it up in our shop as well and it's very well liked :D

AmysBabies said...

I love that motto. I might have to hang that in my craft area.

ForestJane said...

Oh, funny!

And the same thing goes for giving away quilts too - Everyone seems to expect me to make free quilts for them... but nobody wants to pay for fabric or longarm costs... so I'll give my quilts away only when I want to! :)

tami said...

That is perfect!

Jan said...

Exactly!

Unknown said...

At least I stitch some of my fabric - my husband is into a specific make of model trains and hasn't even got a track set up to run them on - sometime whenever I suppose that will be but it doesn't stop him buying them!

Tonya Ricucci said...

words to live by!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Perfectly put! I'm going to share that with a few quilters.

thanks!

Libby said...

Too true - and it gives me a little giggle *s*

Unknown said...

This is so true.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love that, my DH collects machinery and tractors so can't say much about fabric! Tracey

Nicole said...

It isn't like fabric goes bad on you if it sits for years on the shelf...That saying made me smile.

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

love this quote! Makes total sense to me!
Blondie

atet said...

Makes sense to me -- but then again, I also like using my fabrics too, hmmnn...

Finn said...

Great purchase Dawn, that and what Forest Jane had to say!! Glad you got a day to yourself! Hugs, Finn