Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Williamsburg Medallion Top finished - and a few more CW blocks!

I finally finished Marcie's Williamsburg Medallion top! Now to figure out how to quilt it! I flipped the way the HST border went to give it more light space and then a more definate darker outline. Doesn't it look fun! I had told Marcie the other day that this pattern would make an awesome baby quilt if you had the right baby fabrics, don't you think!



And here is a Civil War block I made last night called Panic. Ummmmm do you see anything wrong with it! A lack of sleep, too much work and stress and this block said "PANIC"! I thought about leaving it, but ummm, I couldn't do it! So I did fix it! Below are a few more blocks I got done!



23 comments from wonderful readers:

antique quilter said...

oh your blocks are wonderful!
yes being tired and sewing doesn't work for me either!
glad it was an easy fix!
the quilt looks great and I agree, it would be adorable as a baby quilt.
Kathie

Vicki W said...

The Williamsburg medallion is beautiful!

MARCIE said...

Oh Dawn, your Wmb is fabulous! I love the colors and the contrast. I teach that class tonight and want to show yours and Libby's and Karen's. They are great!

Rhondi said...

Hi Dawn
I am a fellow quilter and I found you when I googled Gwen Marston. I am taking a week long workshop with her and Freddy Moran next week and I am so excited. After reading your blog about your class with her I am even more excited!! Isn't it a great life being a quilter? another day when I have more time I'm coming back to visit and read some more of your posts. Hope you get to work on a quilt today. Rhondi

Libby said...

I just love what you've done. And I couldn't agree more about being a great baby quilt - it's just the right size and everything *s*

YankeeQuilter said...

I think that would make a wonderful baby quilt...and who says it has to be baby colors!

As always - love the civil war blocks.

Paula said...

I agree, the pattern for the Williamsburg Medallion would make a great baby quilt! I even like your version for a baby. Very, very nice!

Carin said...

Your Williamsburg Medallion is beautiful! It would make a darling baby quilt in the right colors!

sossy said...

Your quilt turned out beautiful! I love it. You are really churning out the Civil War Blocks, too!You rock!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I really think your Williamsburg Medallion is beautiful. Don't worry about the other. I remember painting a mural on the wall of my son's room when he was a little boy. I was finishing it very late with a bluebird in the air. I kept thinking something wasn't right, but it wasn't until the next morning that I saw I had painted a bird with three wings. These things happen! They are some of the fun of life.

Finn said...

Yup, gorgeous..just like I thought it would be finished!!
The blocks look great also, and I'm glad you fixed it...looks better that way..balanced. Hugs, Finn

Wendy said...

I agree that would make a good baby quilt if done in baby fabrics. You did a very nice job. I love the fabrics in your CW blocks.

Unknown said...

The Williamsburg top is beautiful the colors are great.

Karen said...

Your Civil War blocks are progressing nicely. You do nice work! Hope I get to start mine in the next day or so.

Anonymous said...

Your medalion quilt is just gorgeous!! I love your color choice so much.
CW block mistake? Honestly I did not realize it until I read further down (hehe), but I'm glad it was easy fix for you.

*karendianne. said...

How did I miss this earlier? You cracked me up with "panic." Thanks for sharing that. It's fun. And funny. Bottom blocks - love 'em.

And yes, Medallion would make a great baby quilt. I'm tempted.

PiecefulChaos said...

Your CW blocks look great! The medallion quilt is beautiful and your right it would make a great baby quilt!

Thimbleanna said...

Very nice Dawn -- and I agree, it would make a great baby quilt!

Sweet P said...

I love your Medallion quilt. It's gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I love this medallion top - I'm always a sucker for medallion style quilts and I agree flipiing those outer triangles really gives it definition - lovely - wouldn't it be gorgeous in light blue and white for a baby boy?

Lea said...

Oh, Dawn, Your Medallion quilt is simpy gorgeous! Love it, Love, it!
What a fun to see your version and Libby's then Marcie's the original. You did a wonderful job!
and you are right, It's very good idea for a baby quilt.

and *LOL*, Gee, this mistake CW block is something I might do it.*LOL*
But I love it. Won't you use this block as an additional for your CW quilt??

Laura said...

Love your medallion quilt, leave it to you to put a different spin on it, you are soooo creative!

Diane said...

You have such a gift for selecting colors and fabrics. The Medallion is bright and cheerful and very "Pennsylvania."