Sunday, November 09, 2008

Underground Railroad Rest Area

I know many of you have seen my post of the really awesome Underground Railroad Rest Stop in Iowa, but Erik Homemade just posted a lovely summary about it and his pictures from a stop he made in October of this year. So whether or not you "believe" in the Underground Railroad clues in quilts, go check out his visit: Erik Homade

2 comments from wonderful readers:

Jan said...

WOW! That is really interesting. I have only been to Iowa once, but may have to return to TX from Illinois next time through Iowa to see this. Kind of like "Field of Dreams"..."Build it and they will come" Calling all quilters.

MARCIE said...

Dawn, this is an amazing display. Thanks so much for pointing it out. I love the quilt association, of course, but the whole Underground Railroad history has always evoked so much emotion for me.