Sunday, December 26, 2010

Some new Sewing Kits

I have 2 new sewing books to share with you! Above is my Chickadee book. I bought this kit last summer when I was out at my mom's house. But I wanted a different wool for the main part of the kit so I had to wait until I found just the right piece!

And the inside!

Then this gorgeous baby was made by my friend for me for xmas! It is a Sue Spargo pattern.

Don't you just love how it shuts by winding the tail around the button! It makes it so easy to close and open! I love this idea!

Inside is a wonderful new pair of stork scissors Lynn gave me with a beauiful fob! In the very center of the roll is a pincushion. Hard to see in the picture, but it is a big pincusion.

She also gave me a new marking pencil and cosmos floss! I"ve been wanting to try this. I hear it is really wonderful, but I haven't been able to find any since I've heard about it. Can't wait to give it a try!

8 comments from wonderful readers:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful needle kits. I love to see new patterns, they are fun to make for gifts.

Debbie

Mary said...

I love the sewing kits. I have several. Love to keep one with each hand piecing project. (I need a lot of sewing kits!!!)

Karen said...

These are something that I would like to add to my collection. Especially the Chickadee sewing kit.

Linda said...

Cute! Beautiful little sewing kits!

Lori said...

Two beautiful sewing kits!!

MARCIE said...

What great sewing books! So cute AND useful for a traveler like you!

Karen said...

I made some little needle cases as my Christmas gifts to my bee group this year. I have to admit I thought mine were cute, but now that I see these I like yours better. Especially the Chickadee one!!! I absolutely love that one!! :0)

Unknown said...

It is the beautiful compact sewing kit with good patchworking.