Monday, October 24, 2005

Not much to show


Well I did get to quilt some this weekend, in fact I did all kinds of quilting odds n ends - but I have nothing really to show for it - YET. I did all those non-fun things you need to do to prep stuff.

So I traced a ton of patterns on freezer paper for applique, got some cut out and ironed fabric. Traced some patterns and cut out for a wool xmas mat, did a lot of hand quilting on my fall moon wall hanging, finished some signature blocks for my daughters raffle quilt next spring - now I just have to get the freezer paper ironed on those so she can take them to school and finished the gift bag challenge top. Wheh!

I did finish putting together another sun block for the quilt shop demo class I'm doing. Demo last Monday was on this block, so this weekend I was able to finish it up from all the parts I demo'd.

Can't wait to see what everyone else was up to. I feel like I was so busy but have nothing to show for it!

2 comments from wonderful readers:

Sarah said...

Dawn -

I love this block! I have always wanted to attempt a mariner's compass block but so far I am still a chicken!

Thanks for sharing!

Sarah

Nines said...

Wow! That is so cool. Is it paper pieced? I know what you mean about doing alot but then turning around and say, "Now what did I get done." I can't wait until you share some of ALL those projects with us. Sounds like you are being very productive. You go girl!