Thursday, February 08, 2007

Horse Feathers



One more quilt that got finished this year! Yup, I started the New Year by getting some tops quilted that were just laying around. Now before you think I did all the work to get them quilted - NOPE. Here is the other quilt that Bonnie so lovingly quilted for me!


The name of this pattern was Horse Feathers, so of course I told her this quilt had to have feathers! Otherwise work her magic! And magic she did! Isn't it wonderful! I still need to sew down the binding on the back, I can't wait to get that done so I can wash it and get it all crinkly! But I wanted to take advantage of the sunshine and working from home the other day and get a picture. Oh and I forgot to take a picture of the back. But what would you put on the back of a quilt called Horse Feathers? Funky Chickens of course!

19 comments from wonderful readers:

Carol said...

Dawn it is just wonderful...I love Lynda's patterns. She makes the hard patterns easy.

Jenni said...

Wow, the quilt and the quilting are both marvelous!

Melanie said...

I love this. Bonnie's quilting bringing it to a whole new level. Your photographs really capture the quilting detail.

Elaine Adair said...

Too cool! The chicken back is even better than 'too cool'!

Lois R. said...

It is just beautiful!

Darlene said...

Outstanding!!! Love the backing fabric. :-)

Libby said...

Oh what a terrific quilt -- that back fabric is too funny and the quilting just makes your whole quilt sing.

Laurie Ann said...

Oh, I am completely in love with that chicken fabric. How fantastic!!

Laura said...

Dawn it is fabulous! Love it! And the back is too funny.

Rae said...

Dawn it is beautifull. There is'nt much else to say but Beautifull.

ForestJane said...

Ohh, very nice!

I especially like the way the horsefeathers star seems to have a dark blue square in the center, and lighter blues toward the points. And I think the chickens on the backing are cute! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Dawn - it's beautiful! :o)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's really beautiful..I love the use of so many different reds and blue, very clever.

Wendy said...

I love it, just the type of quilt for me. You did a wonderful job. Who makes the pattern? I've done a feathered star with much smaller pieces.

Patti said...

Bonnie sure does a nice job with the quilting. This is a quilt I really want to do one of these days. It looks just great hanging on your quilt rack.

Joanne said...

Love the quilt and the quilting. I can only hope to be half that good at quilting. It's great.

Lily Mulholland said...

Gosh Dawn - you and Bonnie are such a good combo! Great quilt, great quilting and my oh my that funky chicken backing is the best!!

Anonymous said...

All is perfect, the quilt, the quilting and the funny fabric for the back...

Darcie said...

This quilt is totally terrific, Dawn! And Bonnie! Perfect!

And love the sense of homor that you used in having the Funky Chickens back the quilt! You're too funny!