Saturday, February 03, 2007

Repro strippy coin Quilt

I found a perfect border fabric (or should I say borders) while on retreat last week! So this week I got the borders on! Doesn't it look great! Now to get it quilted! I think I"m going to do this one by hand also - in what else - fans!

18 comments from wonderful readers:

Karen said...

it definitely paid to wait for the perfect fabric! Your border is fabulous. Just love the entire piece. So what is next in your bag of tricks *smile*

Jeanne said...

Oh, Dawn, this one's FABULOUS!
Jeanne :)

Nancy in MT said...

I love this quilt, I love this quilt, did I say I love this quilt, the border is perfect!

Darlene said...

Love it, love it, Dawn!

BTW, I've been responding to all your comments on my blog but they keep coming back "undeliverable" grrrrr. I wonder why?

Lucy said...

This quilkt is PERFECT !! and the fans will look great on it

His Office, My Studio said...

Gorgeous!

Shelina said...

Dawn, perfect border fabrics. They frame your coins quite nicely. Looks like a treasure chest.

Sue said...

Love it, the colors are great!

Unknown said...

Those border fabrics are simply perfect!!!

Melanie said...

I love the border fabric... There's lots of handquiting going on...I've really been in the mood for it...

Patti said...

Yes - it DOES look great - the border fabrics are PERFECT! And fans is a great way to finish it off. Are you going to big stitch the fans? I think I would, with all those seams to stitch through.

Darcie said...

Perfect, indeed, Dawn! We totally support your shopping venture! ;-)

Go Bears!

ForestJane said...

Very nice! I love all the scrappiness of the inner fabrics, and you're right, those borders are just perfect. :)

Libby said...

Fans are fabulous - I've gotta try them sometime.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Still very yummy!

Tonya Ricucci said...

That border IS fab - looks great. Hope those fans are going to be freehand!

Anonymous said...

Magnifique !

Laura said...

The border does look great! You did good, while all the rest of us couldn't find a thing you found the perfect score.