Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I did some sewing....

I did some quilt shopping on Friday with my friend who has been gone for about 9 months! It was so much fun. I didn't buy as much as I would have as my husband said "your not spending any money, give me your credit card".... Sooo I made a mad dash to the bank to get some cash, but only $100. I did however manage to spend that!

So the above blocks are what I started this weekend from that trip. I had the repro fabrics in my stash, I just bought the pattern and background fabric. These blocks finish to 3" so they are tiny!!!! These are all I have completely done, but see all the tiny HST's in the bowl! I have all of those to iron and tear paper off yet, and then sew. That will bring me up to about 36 blocks I think, and I need 48! YIKES! But they are just so gosh darn cute! Lynn and I sewed all day on Monday with our "new" stuff. I made baked oatmeal to eat in the morning and then we went out for mexican for lunch and to a fun craft store for beads and wool at lunch time. So it was a very busy but fun weekend!

And yes, work continues to pull at my time so I'm sorry but this is the only picture I have to share at this point! Just not enough time in my day lately for everything I want to do!

12 comments from wonderful readers:

Elaine Adair said...

Just looking at those little blocks has my mouth watering. And it doesn't hurt to see a tabletop/cutting surface actually cleared off, either! Can't wait to see what shows up with those luscious fabrics.

Carol said...

Those blocks are just wonderful...is that the Carol Hopkins pattern "Michael's Victory"? Baked oatmeal sounds yummy...will you share the recipe? Please?

Sweet P said...

Wow! I like those blocks. Nice fabric choices.

Lucy said...

O Ohhh Dawn this is gorgeous !!!

May Britt said...

3inches finished?? They are so cute. I love tiny blocks.

Lily Mulholland said...

Dawn it's going to be one spectacular quilt. Good idea on only taking $100!

And I know what you mean about work getting in the way of a good time...

Unknown said...

I loved those blocks on sight and then read about their size - they are terrific but I don't envy you all those teeny pieces

Darcie said...

What a fun sounding weekend to catch up with a friend! Good for you...you deserved it! (And you sure showed hubby...who needs a credit card to have fun?!)

Love your little blocks and *bowl of fiber!* Those fabrics are delightful! Can't wait to see all *how many?* stitched together!

Libby said...

Cute is right - I'm thought I was swearing off little pieces for a bit. You are going to suck me right back in . . . you naughty girl *s*

Wendy said...

I love the reproduction fabrics and the pattern you've chosen is perfect. What a fun time you had with your quilting buddy. I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Three inches? Wowee. These blocks are gorgeous.

Darlene said...

Well, I could have sworn I left a comment earlier, Dawn. :-( I love those little blocks - is it Michael's Victory? I've been pulling fabric to do it.