Thursday, February 01, 2007

Piping and Featherweight Mat

Some of you wanted to see a closer shot of the piping on the leavez quilt. It is kind of hard to get a good look, but here you go. It really is a neat way of doing it.

I also finished a little mat/organizer for my featherweight last night. I got the idea from my retreat weekend. Linda had one they made years ago at quilt camp, and I thought they were so cute I wanted one too. So I got some pre-quilted fabric and traced Linda's to make my own! Just something fun to do. Oh and the cute little table? That idea came from this last weekend too. Most of them had them and they adjust in height so if you go away and the tables are high you can put your machine on this at a lower height and then use the higher table to hold your stuff! I ran to Menards and picked myself one up too! Aren't I just a little followerer!!!

11 comments from wonderful readers:

Tazzie said...

Gosh Dawn, what a fabulous idea, now I want to make one! You did great with your table purchase too! Nothing wrong at all with benefiting from someone else's wisdom!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Libby said...

Dawn, your table is a wonderful idea. Seems like tables provided at classes and retreats are always just a little bit at the wrong height. Your mat is just right, too. Would love to see the pockets filled with your goodies *s*

Nines said...

First, consider yourself adopted. You know us, the more the merrier!
I love your leavez quilt! The colors are great and I just love that tiny piping. I've noticed more quilts are incorporating them and they look real snazzy. haven't tried it, yet. The mat is too cool. The machine doesn't slide around on it? I'll have to make one. I recently put an old desk (the children's type.) in my sewing room. I had to move my sewing table into the kitchen to accomadate all the kiddos at my house! Anywho, the little shelf under the desk top is very handy for stashing my clips and pins.

Lois R. said...

I love your mat. I whipped up something like it (not nearly as cool and sophisticated as yours) for myself a few years ago and it is the greatest thing. I use mine as a garbage bin for threads and clippings. It also has a place for scissors and seam ripper, but I never use those spots anymore now that I have my handy, dandy tool bin to the right of my sewing machine.

Darcie said...

I've been loving your Leavez! So cheery and fun! How nice to work on in the dead of winter.

Great sewing machine mat. You're so clever...and have such clever friends!

Darlene said...

I take a table just like that one on my retreats and it comes in so handy.

Oh, I'll have to share pictures of the sewing mats one of my friends has made for our entire group. Yours is adorable!

Tracey in CT said...

We have a couple of those tables here in our house, and they are incredibly handy both for crafty and non-crafty purposes.

Thes caddy for under the machine is very clever.

Sweet P said...

I love your Leavez quilt. I agree with you about the black. It definitely sets the leavez off great. Your sewing machine mat is great too.

Lucy said...

What a great table organizer.. What kind of plasic do you use for those organizers ???

Judy said...

Hubby has one of those tables for his computer laptop in the den...I haven't stolen it yet...yet! Looks good tho Dawn!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Follow away - why re-invent the wheel? Looks like both things work perfectly! I have a folding plastic table for my RV - it fits underneath but opens up very nicely for sewing!
Cheers!
Evelyn