Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My birthday gifts from a friend....

Thought I would share my birthday gifts from my quilting friend at home! Doesn't take much to make me happy! (Oh and yes you see my "mess" on my sewing table!) Lynn made the little scissors case out of wool.

And inside the little scissors case.... Brand new WONDERFUL Dovo scissors! I've wanted a really good pair of little scissors forever, and then Patti talked about how wonderful the Dovo scissors were and I had hoped maybe I would find some down at Paducah this year to treat myself. Well, when Lynn and I went shopping 2 weeks ago, the one shop we stopped at had them! And I fell in LOVE with this pair. I love the just a bit of design, but not gaudy. Aren't they just the prettiest little things? And oh baby are they sharp! Now I know why Patti talked about them! They have tons of designs, but this pair is the one that screamed at me.

12 comments from wonderful readers:

Leah Spencer said...

Oh man! I know you've been saying that the miniature blocks are tiny, but it didn't hit me just HOW tiny they are, until I saw the 9-patches in those pictures. Smaller than the spool of thread! :O

Joyce said...

I love the little scissors. I am afraid I have a bit of a scissors fetish. I have to curb myself sharply when I see a different looking pair.

Libby said...

Now that's what I call a gift *s* You are going to love those scissors - they seem just right for every little job

Carol said...

You are going to love those scissors...I am hooked on DOVO scissors...they are wonderful...they are so sharp all the way to the tip.

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday Dawn !! (I don't know which day it was exactly )
You are lucky with your DOVO... I will take a look for it at Paducah !

CONNIE W said...

GOOD friends and GOOD gifts! Happy Birthday to You.
I'm going to Paducah this year too. :)

May Britt said...

Happy birthday. We quilters needs good scissors. Your gifts are great.

Patti said...

I am so hooked on Dovo scissors now. I think I have 3 or 4 pair. They put our Ginghers to shame - wouldn't you agree? What a nice gift from Lynn!

Darlene said...

Everyone say WooHoo for Dovo scissors. LOL

Dawn I hope that you've had a wonderful birthday. Those are beautiful and thoughtful gifts!

Sweet P said...

Happy Birthday! I've never heard of Dovo scissors. Oh well, another item to add to my wish list.

Leslie said...

I too was intrigued by the little nine patches peeking from the wings in the birthday gift photo. The smaller the better, how fun!

Tony333 said...

Nice piece of art I like them, I got such beautiful things 'Art Gazebo' store of CouponAlbum site.