Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lancaster Quilt & Textile Museum








Mom and I went to the Lancaster Quilt & Textile Museum yesterday. Oh what a beautiful building. And wonderful old Amish quilts. The way they had it setup with information was really nice. We had a wonderful time there. Above was my favorite quilt - I just loved the colors, of course pictures don't capture the real beauty.









They also had an exhibit of hooked rugs. Some were new and some were very old. Many I wish I owned!





9 comments from wonderful readers:

Darcie said...

Oh my goodness! What an extraordinary place to visit...again and again. And not just for the quilts. Everything is worth a jaw drop.

It's very cool that the walls are painted different colors, isn't it! Not institutionalized feeling at all. Thanks for the great pics, Dawn!

Unknown said...

That Noah's Ark runner on the steps is to die for and I love the ceiling - thank you so much for sharing Dawn

Malagueta said...

Just wonderful!! Thank you for sharing these photos--so much history and inspiration.

Karen said...

I have been to Lancaster but not to the museum. Wonder if it was there when I was in that area.

I bet there were lots of things you would have liked to come out of there with!

Gina said...

What a fabulous place to visit. thank you for showing the photos

love and hugs xxx

DonnaSews said...

Thank you so much for sharing your museum visit. I wish I were there.

Libby said...

Wowza - that's a lot of eye candy. I love when they make the building as wonderful to look at as the contents of the museum.

Unknown said...

This seems to be a VERY interesting museum.

Laura said...

Oh wow the rugs are glorious! I always wanted to see the amish quilts I bet theh were just stunning up close.