Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's Finished!

Here it is! My finished mini pineapple quilt! Each block has 45 pieces and finishes at 2" square! Don't look too close - it was a challenge for me, but from far away it looks ok. I love it!

32 comments from wonderful readers:

Beth said...

oh MY! Its GORGEOUS! I think you wanted to give my new glasses a work out tho! HA! Congrats on a lovely finish...

Lissa Jane said...

Oh my gosh!!! how beautiful... I am not the quilt police so I wouldnt' dare comment on anything, but this looks fantastic!


LIssa

Karen said...

Your mini pineapple is gorgeous and your frame sets it off just right. Great job!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Simply T-RIFIC. Really. Now where to hang it?

Dawn said...

SENSATIONAL! Congratulations - it really looks wonderful - and having made a 6" pinapple block quilt - I know how tiny those pieces must be. Well done - you should be so proud of yourself!
Kind regards - Dawn

Amanda said...

I'm simply amazed. How did you manage to handle such tiny pieces - I'd have been all fingers and thumbs.

Unknown said...

Wow, wow, this is so great, and the frame is perfect for it.

Unknown said...

Dawn that is definitely paper piecing on speed! - I love it and it looks fabulous in that frame - bet you wouldn't do another one in a hurry though!

antique quilter said...

just beautiful and it will look great on my wall of fame of mini quilts!
and just in time for my birthday in a few weeks!
Kathie

Carol said...

WOWSER!!!!!!!! That is just amazing! What a wonderful finish. The frame is perfect!

Yvonne aka sommeke said...

Congratulations, your mini pineapple quilt is WOOOOOOOW! I love the frame too!

Gina said...

That's amazing. I struggled doing a 12" Pineapple block. I wouldn't even dream of doing them that sixe.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Purple and Paisley said...

dawn, that is just absolutely amazing and gorgeous! *green with envy* =)

Vicki W said...

That looks fantastic! The frame is just perfect.

Judy said...

Dawn, you are officially insane! I think it looks fabulous!

Candace said...

It's awesome. I can't even imagine how you did it, but I'm sure you are very proud that you did.

Bonnie said...

It is absolutely wonderful! I love that you bordered it in red and gave it a nice frame.

Chocolate Cat said...

Love the way you mounted it. Once again Congratulations , it is stunning!

Libby said...

Man-o-man, that is one sweet little quilt. You deserve a huge pat on the back for working with such teensy weensy little pieces. I love it!

MARCIE said...

Unbelievable Dawn! My mind cannot grasp a two inch block!

Lucy said...

OOhh so beautiful!!! I LOVE how you framed it. Can I pick it up!

Lucy from Seattle ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your pineapple quilt is stunning. good job!

Liz

Cornfield Quilter said...

Bravo!! Bravo!! It is stunning!

Kathi said...

Don't all the lovely comments make you want to finish something more often?!

It is adorable- and I love the frame!

May Kristin said...

Wow! It's gorgeous! The frame is perfect!

Days and colors said...

It looks wonderful!! I love miniatures, they are always so lovely! You did a great job, the frame is perfect!

Patti said...

Abslutely amazing quilt! I have paper foundations for a pineapple this size but have never even started it. Kudos to you for tackling such a challenging project!

Anne Ida said...

This is absolutely fabulous! All those tiny pieces!! WOW!!! Well done!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job and stunning result, bravooo Dawn !

Rose Marie said...

My hat is off to you for working with such tiny pieces. A lot of work; but so worth the time and trouble.

bingo~bonnie said...

awesome!!! I have seen these minis before and it makes my head spin trying to figure out just how challenging it must have been for the quilter... wow! I'm so impressed. YOurs is beautiful. Love the frame you choose for it - perfect! ~bonnie

bingo~bonnie said...

hahahaha this has nothing to do with the mini or your post....but the word verificaton thing jsut now when posting my comment above was "stopit" LOL

reckon Blogger notices that I am leaving you a ton of comments all in one night? LOL :P I am jsut getting caught up! so I guess for tonight I'll "stopit" LOL :P ~bonnie