Monday, June 16, 2008

Quilt Shop Finds and Yard Art

Went to the 2 local quilt shops out here in Delaware today! Had a great time - who wouldn't! I got fabric at my favorite store Lil Country Shoppe to make the above pointsetta quilt from Lisa Bongean's new Christmas Book "Primitive Christmas".


Also got some gorgeous Christmas Fabric from Quilters Hive for a wall hanging pattern my mom gave me for Christmas this year. You'll just have to wait and see what it turns into!

Last year on our trip to Paducah Laura and I made a wrong turn and found some unusual yard art. Well I think I have it beat. My mom and I went out to eat yesterday and look at what was along the road to the restaurant. If only that Sunkist can was Orange Crush - we could send it to Bonnie!

12 comments from wonderful readers:

Gina said...

I love the skull sculptures.

That quilt will look lovely in the fabrics you chose.

love and hugs xxx

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee, great skulls!

Unknown said...

I think I would not like to have these sculls in my yard! Beautiful fabrics you bought, they will make a great quilt.

Darcie said...

Oooh...that poinsettia quilt is so "you" Dawn! Love the fabrics, too.

Great yard art! That took a little time and planning, didn't it!

Unknown said...

Dawn - I just love that poinsettia quilt - the fabrics you've chosen are just perfect!

Libby said...

Oh man - now I've 'gotta' make that quilt. I still haven't seen the book in person, but I know I'll own it the moment I do. Love those fabrics!

Karen said...

The Lisa Bongean design is right up my alley. How large is the quilt? Your fabric choices are right on the nose!
The yard art is hilarious. Not what I would want in my yard but it is creative.

Anonymous said...

Your fabric choice are perfect for that quilt!
Wonder what these yard art are made of? Very creative in away.

Paula, the quilter said...

Love the small quilt you are going to make. And especially love the yard art in the second photo. Nice creative way to paint up a fuel tank as a can of orange juice but do you think the skull was made of that spray foam that hardens and is sculptable? Is that a word?

Carol E. said...

Beautiful poinsettia quilt. Did you hand quilt it? Looks exquisite!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That skull is scary and that sunkist can is HUGE!! LOL!!

Laura said...

Awesome poinsetta that would be so neat done in wools.

The daddy skull is too much! It looks like the son skipped out and moved to Illinois.