Friday, February 27, 2009

A bit of birthday surprises and odds and ends

Got home from dropping my mom and sister off at the airport to go back home this afternoon and look what I found when I got home! These gorgeous flowers from my friend in Canberra, Australia! Are they not just the perfect thing for sick birthday girl! Especially since it was cold and snowy/rain outside! And then to top it off, I got a phone call from her after dinner! LOVED talking to you again Jodie!

And look what I got from Wendy the other day for my birthday! Just what I needed when feeling about down from being out of sorts!


On the way home from the airport Holly and I stopped at the quilt shop to pick out fabric for her wedding quilt. I won't show her what the quilt will look like, but wanted some input to fabric colors and styles. I can't show the finished product because that would spoil her surprise since she checks in here now and then! And she loved these table runners for her new apartment when she gets married so we bought the pattern to have on hand.

And look what I did finish this week while feeling rotten! My first block for Winter Wonderland! Isn't he just too cute!

12 comments from wonderful readers:

antique quilter said...

Happy Birthday
Love that snowman!
so cute!!!
beautiful flowers that was so sweet of her.
oh and the table runner patterns are great...
I haven't seen those.
what a nice surprise it will be if you make them all for her wedding shower!!!!

Jenny in Belgium said...

Happy birthday Dawn, looks like you had a wonderful one,
hugs
Jenny

Carol said...

Cute snowman...I need to get going on my Winter Wonderland. Great goodies and what beautiful flowers.

Diane said...

Oh Dawn, I hope you're starting to feel better by now. Happy Birthday!

Jan said...

SO....why didn't I know it was your B'day. Me the first of the month and you the last. Happy Birthday. Hope you are feeling better. BTW will be making a run to OK the first of April for a wedding so will have a chance to check out the trip for next OCT.

Libby said...

Oh darn, I'm late . . . . but I do hope you had a Happy Birthday! And that you are feeling much much better now *s*

YankeeQuilter said...

Glad to hear you are feeling more yourself. Love the tablerunner patterns!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! Happy belated birthday Dawn -- what wonderful b-day gifts. And how exciting to have that AU link!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Lovely flowers, and I adore the snowman embroidery

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Pretty flowers!! I'm sorry your still sick. But I like your Winter Wonderland stitchery.

Lucy said...

A belated Happy Birthday my dear!

McIrish Annie said...

that table runner pattern is adorable and I love your first block of winter wonderland. Keep up the good work. I am working on block #7!