Monday, February 23, 2009

One sick bunny

I"m one sick bunny this week. I"ve had a lingering cough for about 4 weeks now. But a bit over a week ago it got better and I felt pretty good. Well Wham - it hit me this weekend. Went to the Dr today and got all kinds of meds to hopefully get me back on my feet.

My main concern is that my closest and favorite Aunt died this weekend and my mom is flying in for the funeral. She is on dyalsis and doesn't bounce back well from any kind of small sickness. So my big worry was I would get her sick and then she would end up in the hospital. Hopefully I"ll be much better by Wed night.

Needless to say I"ll be "away" for a week or so. Besides feeling crumy health wise, emotional wise I"m a bit down in the dumps.

20 comments from wonderful readers:

Lisa Boyer said...

Awww...poor sick bunny. I hope you feel better soon! So sorry about your Aunt, too...sad to be facing all this and sick, too. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and my thoughts are with you!

Anonymous said...

What a rough couple of weeks you've had. Take care of yourself this week. I hope you feel better soon.

Andrea said...

Poor Dawn - what a rotten time of it you're having. Best wishes to you at this sad time xx

Libby said...

Sending some virtual chicken soup your way. Take care and feel better soon.

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll have your family in my thoughts.

Gypsy Quilter said...

So very sorry to hear about your favorite aunt and that you are under the weather. Please call your doctor's office to be advised on any precautions regarding your mom. Bad germs are no fun for anyone. Feel better soon!

WoolenSails said...

Dawn,
Sorry to hear about your Aunt and being sick so long. If you are worried about spreading germs, a simple mask will work and allow you to be with your mom.

Debbie

MARCIE said...

Hope you are feeling better Dawn. Kiss, kiss. Hug, hug!

antique quilter said...

oh Dawn, I hope your feeling better soon.
You had better stay away from your mom, this would not be good sending her back home sick with a cold.

I am sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Carol said...

Dawn I'm sending you tons of good thoughts...I'm so sorry about your aunt...take good care of yourself.

Jan said...

What a bad/sad time for you. Hope you get to feeling better real fast. Love and prayers go out to your family.

Laura said...

Hope you get to feeling better Dawn. Sorry to hear about your Aunt, I hope all goes well with your mother being in town.

Judy H. said...

Aww, poor bunny! I'm sorry you're sick, and am very sorry to hear about your aunt. Take good care of yourself.

Janet said...

Oh get better quick, what bad timing. Sorry to hear your sad news.

Wendy said...

I sorry to hear you are sick, I hope you'll bounce back soon. I've been a little off and on as well. Take care and get some rest.

Finn said...

Oh my Dawn, here I am to thank you for stopping by and leaving me encouragment when I was sick and now you are too!!!??? I sure hope I didn't cyber-bug you!! It is a miserble nasty thing going around tho. I hope you'll bounce back quick, being younger and healthier than I am. So sorry about your Aunt passing and the worry about Mom. Thinking of you, hugs, Finn

Lucy said...

Take care Dawn! Hope you're feeling better soon.
hugs

Betty said...

hope you feel better soon!

meggie said...

Sympathy for your loss. Hope you are soon feeling perky again, & your mother stays well, while visiting.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Feel better soon

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Sorry to read of your loss; prayers will be said for you and your Mom. Some nasty germs out there now to be certain.
Always blessed,
Blondie