Monday, February 09, 2009

Do you ever have one of those nights/days

Well tonight was it. Above are the new blocks I did yesterday, things went fine. Well tonight my goal was 2 new ones. The one is a bit more complicated and odd shapes, so I figured I would freezer paper piece it. For as much as I hate paper piecing, I love freezer paper piecing. If you don't know what that is, check out my side bar - I have a tutorial I did awhile ago on it. Anyway, how bad could it be doing it with the freezer paper. Hmmm, it was just one of those nights! I never ripped out so many seams in one block! Anyway - thank goodness these are low contrast blocks! So don't look too carefully, but I ended up deciding it was staying as it is! (Heck I couldn't even sew the stupid 9 patch tonight!)

And here are all of them so far! 7 done - 5 more to go!


9 comments from wonderful readers:

Wendy said...

You are fast. I can't wait to see what you are doing with those blocks.

Melody said...

I love it! I know you say it isn't perfect, but it looks that way to me.

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE those blocks and the way the fabrics don't contrast too much. They make me think of a foggy morning, at dawn... magic!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Tazzie said...

You're doing great things with your DJ blocks Dawn. That one with all the diamonds was the hardest one for me to make, and I'm still going to have to do it again.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Lucy said...

You made me curious how these blocks are going to be set :-) they are very interesting.

Libby said...

I'm just waiting . . . patiently . . . *s* I'm so anxious to see what you are up to *s*

Jan said...

I love paper piecing. You have just developed a mental block to doing it. These look great and can't wait to see what you are up to.

Unknown said...

Arrrg, I hate one of those nights/days!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Boy, I can't tell you how many times I've had those nights. Perhaps a switch to popcorn and a movie is in order?