Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The blue and blue squares - REVEALED!

So here it is! What I was making those blue and blue squares for! Top is done and off to the quilters tomorrow!!!! I thought about hand quilting it - but then I would never get it done. So I think I"m just going to get it quilted and have it done!

29 comments from wonderful readers:

Gina said...

It's fabulous

love and hugs Gina xxx

Deb said...

Excellent work.. I had been following the BOM but did not save thought I would not have time.. but it is so appropriate for a quilter in her sewing room. You did an amazing job love the color scheme and your layout. I think this is one of the first I have seen done.

Deb said...

sorry to comment twice. but I took a closer look and love the sampler blocks you put inbetween with the grain of the fabric all fussy cut .. that took alot of planning I am impressed!!

Andrea said...

It is really, really beautiful. You are a clever madam aren't you ? lol xx

Chookyblue...... said...

looks wonderful I was doing mine in blue.....

Jenny in Belgium said...

This looks yummy Dawn, love it

Holly @ Hello Audrey Ruth said...

I still like the diet coke can the best :P

Kate/Massachusetts said...

I love it! Your quilt is really beautiful! Great job!

rachel griffith said...

oh how fun!!!
i can totally envision this in redwork too!!!

Norma said...

I love this! Makes me want to dig my squares out and get busy again. Thank you for the inspiration, you did a lovely job!

Yvette said...

Oh my! What a fabulous quilt. This is my favorite so far of all these stitcheries I have seen.

Browndirtcottage said...

clapping.....yeah, another project
finished...love this blue!!

Libby said...

Just wonderful! I hope you have the perfect spot to display in your sewing room *s*

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I love all the blue.

Linda C. said...

It's wonderful . . . nice combination of pieced blocks, and the embroidered blocks. Good Job!

Jan said...

You sly devil. Never dreamed you were doing those for your bluework. Looks fabulous. Really shows off the bluework. And you finished this in less than a year, remember when you started them on the trip to Paducah last year. Your good. Giggle-have to laugh at the work verification (imockin)- where do they come up with these things.

Purple and Paisley said...

wow! it's just fabulous! great job! i love it!

Anonymous said...

It looks great :o)

Sweet P said...

How absolutely adorable! Great job on it.

Vicki W said...

It's really lovely!

MARCIE said...

Those pieced blocks are wonderful! And they add so much to your quilt with the lovely embroidery. What a great idea Dawn!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That's so cute Dawn!! I love it.

Thimbleanna said...

It's adorable Dawn. And your WI trip looked awesome -- choosing a college so fun!

Cornfield Quilter said...

I love the quilt! You are so talented in every aspect of handwork, I really admire that.
I really like the new background too. :D

Rose Marie said...

Love the secondary surprise with your pieced blocks .... it makes one look twice and then 'wow'. Very clever!

Lucy said...

Ohh wow it's beautiful. and a finish! wish I could say that:-)

julieQ said...

It is so very pretty! Wonderful work, an inspiration!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am behind in reading blogs, but I just had to stop and say what a fabulous idea this is to intersperse some low contrast blocks with your bluework. It looks awesome!

Quilter Kathy said...

Amazing job on this project!
I am still slowly, like a snail, stitching my blocks!