Thursday, April 16, 2009

Preview Night

Went to the Chicago Quilt Festival Preview Night tonight. Thurs night for me is shopping night. Of course I found some awesome things! Here is just a sample.

Tomorrow I'll go and look at the quilts. From the peeks I saw tonight they have some great traditional ones this year. Normally they are all arty, which I can appreciate the skill and designs, but at heart give me a wonderful traditional quilt.

Top picture is a punch needle pattern and box. I"ve eyed this pattern every year from Country Threads, but what makes it is the cool box. Of course every year they were out of the boxes by the time I got to their booth. This year - I got one!

Also bought this adorable Little Girl pattern and the awesome brown fabric for the background. Now note that the FQ of the brown fabric is enough for all 12 blocks - that gives you an idea on how tiny those blocks are! But they sure are cute! I also found in another booth another pattern by Cozy Quarters of this little Quilt Shop scene. All the mini quilts are previous patterns from Cozy Quarters! See the little doll one! I have that pattern too from last year - but of course I"ve only looked at it! Check out the little doll quilt pattern and others by Cozy Quarters. Oh and check out "Loving My Quilts" pattern. I got that one 2 years ago.

And last but not least are the most awesome scissors you could ever own. This is my 2nd pair in the small size. But I also have bigger ones. If you do applique you need the 5.5" or 6.5" ones. They have small micro serated edges so the fabric doesn't slip - you will LOVE them. And these small ones never dull and are SO SHARP. Only reason I got another pair is that I wanted to have one pair by my machine and one upstairs by my hand sewing stuff. Guess I should tell you the name! They are Kai Scissors - check them out!
Thats all for tonight. More this weekend.

12 comments from wonderful readers:

antique quilter said...

oh yea lots of traditional quilts take plenty of pictures!!!!
love the box you bought awesome!!!!
cute patterns. I will be waiting to hear a report about the show and all the quilts!!!
have fun!!!!

Karen said...

The Country Quilt Show pattern is my favorite item out of what you show.
Looking forward to pictures from the quilt show!

Jan said...

I don't know how you do those small things! Adorable! Yea on 2 pair of the small scissors. I keep one pair here and one in IN. I need a larger pair. Love those things.

Jan said...

P.S. Have a good time at the show. Send us a link to your pictures next week.

Darlene said...

Give me a traditional quilt any day of the week. Wonderful finds!

Kai scissors are incredible.

WoolenSails said...

Lucky you, wish we had a show like that in our area.
You got lots of goodies and hope you will show more of the show.

Debbie

Thimbleanna said...

Hmmm, so I guess maybe our decision not to go this year because the show was disappointing last year may have been a mistake??? Looking forward to your take on the quilts this year!

Lea said...

What a lovely goodies! I love those little girl quilt. I'll check out this designer's website later. Thank you for the info! :-)

The Kai Co. is Japanese isn't it? they are famous for fine facial razors and scissors but I never thought about applique scissors! I need to check it out. :-)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hey I have one of those boxes somewhere in that room of mine?

Libby said...

I can see why you held out until you could get the box!

Taryn said...

I bought that same box! They were out of the sewing punchneedle kit so I settled for the snowmen. This was my first "big" show and I really liked it.

Lucy said...

Ohh my goodness, what a wonderful quilts. Thank you for sharing Dawn!