Sunday, November 20, 2005

4 Choices



OK, here are 4 ideas/suggestions. My daughter votes for Darcie's suggestion if I understood her suggestion correctly. In fact it would be the easiest for me - Darcie - is this right?

Otherwise I often mix stippling with some kind of straight line stuff so I thought of the zig-zag, but it just doesn't jump at me. The hearts the tails and heads together is going to be too tough for me to keep consistent on my machine, but I could do feather like hearts going down. Those I could do.

I also thought of doing the swirls on the bottom of Darcie's picture - but I think it will be too busy and once again my brain will get panicked.

What do you think?

5 comments from wonderful readers:

Finn said...

I don't think I'm going to be any help at all...they look like such narrow lattice pieces..will your design be across both of them? Doesn't Bonnie do one that is kind of like ??? marks, or sort of like a wave curls? Since I don't machine quilt except in the ditch, I'm not much help. I have hand quilted a template tho, that looks like a row of small cursive "c"'s where the bottom line then goes up to forn the next "c" top..is that any help? I'd do what was fast and easy at this point...LOL

Leah Spencer said...

http://leahsgarden.tripod.com/writings/
Dawn, the address to my blog, where I've post my figure 8 hearts. I guess I didn't explain myself clearly in other post. :)

Joanne said...

Dawn, I'm no help at all -- that's why I don't quilt for other people either! Good luck!

Darcie said...

That's exactly what I meant, Dawn! Great doodles! I could have offered you some of my own illustrations, but I didn't want to seem too presumtuous.

May I make a suggestion? (If you'd rather not hear it...just scroll!) This, of course, is only if you do decide to go with the ziggles. You've gotten LOTS of great suggestions. That's too cool!

Because the piece is directional -- meaning that it will only hang or lie one direction -- if I were quilting it, I would not worry that my vertical ziggles matched up with my horizontal ziggles...or perhaps better-explained as: I wouldn't worry if they inter-connected or anything.

But then I have never machine quilted with my DSM, so I may not know what I'm talking about here...or anywhere, for that matter! LOL

Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way. Bravo to you for asking your kiddos' advice! Mine help me lots of times!

Darcie

Catherine said...

Feather hearts sounds like a good idea to me.