Saturday, November 26, 2005

Started quilting the Princess Quilt

Well I started the quilting on the princess quilt today! And I have a lot of today left! Wanted to share with you so far.

The reason I was really worried about quilting it is that it has the really soft fuzzy minky stuff on back. Oh it is so soft and the little girl will love it so much! But it is thicker and stretches a lot on one direction. So I pinned well and basted along the sashings with washable thread to help hold it while I quilt. It is thicker so there is more drag on the free motion foot, and the minky doesn't slide as easily on my table, but I did ok! Stippling should be fine. I know what I was worried about was the sashings.
So here is the process so far. I have the sashings done, just a few "bobbles" but I think it will look much better once I get the white stippled. I've been practicing up on my stippling this week with some table runners I had made this summer - so I've got that way under control!

See you all later! Got to go quilt!

6 comments from wonderful readers:

Quiltgranny said...

What a cute quilt - a little too cute for me, but I love all the bright colors!

I always wondered about quilting with the Minky stuff.

Joanne said...

It looks great, Dawn. I love that minkee stuff -- but haven't worked with it at all.

Finn said...

Looking good Dawn, I think your friend will be very happy with it.
I've wondered how that Minkee stuff was to work with..lots of younger quilters are using it and no batting.

Granny said...

That is such a cute quilt. The Minkee feels so good . . she is going to love this quilt. I sure would! :)

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

What little girl wouldn't have sweet dreams dreaming under a princess quilt! It's gorgeous!

Bonnie

Nines said...

I love the Minkee, too. My DH asked if it comes in leopard... Guess what he is getting for Xmas? I think you are doing a great job of it. Little girls love bright colors and I am sure that the princess who gets this will be thrilled.