Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Tonya - Letters

Oh Tonya!!!! You know how I keep saying I want to make something with your free from letters but I just never do it? Well I was looking at Finn's Ho Ho Ho's and Holly's Tango and it hit me - I know what I want to make!

I got so excited I went back to your older blog posts on how to do the letters and printed them out! I'm set - starting to plan in my head!!!!! If I get time this weekend I may try some - but I have to do the quilting on the princess quilt first since that isn't mine.

But I'm planning and thinking - and if you ask me - that is half the fun! I'm not going to spoil the "theme" by saying anything else. You all will see it as it evolves over the next many months! But I will say it is for my sister and is going to incorporate some pieced blocks she has been begging me to make for her for a quilt for about 3 years now! I'm psyched!

5 comments from wonderful readers:

Holly said...

Can't wait to see what you make with the letters. I'll be watching :)

Quiltgranny said...

You're right - the planning is my favorite part of the process too! Well, maybe and seeing if my plan actually comes out the way I think it will! I'm anxiously waiting to see what happens!

Darcie said...

I've been itching to make Tonya's letters too, Dawn! Can't wait to see what you're planning!

I spose I should be working too...but I'm not! SHHHHHHHH!

Darcie

Nines said...

Plan? Does someone actually do that? I usually just jump right in- or, if I'm lucky, I wake up with an idea and I'm off! You have a ball planning and I can't wait to see the results! Isn't that a bummer about the tree skirt? Maybe you could "plan" a new one for yourself- When I feel gulity about spending money on myself, I just rationalize that the kids will be inheriting quality stuff, someday!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Have to admit I'm a semi-planner. Get an idea and start with it, but often end up somewhere else entirely.